Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh really? Could be good. I mean, they made a warcraft film - which I keep hearing vastly different opinions on. :p
    Jul 9, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    I really don't know about it, they went from fantasy western horror sci-fi to modern fantasy whatever and that's already such a big change plot-wise too. Also I dunno about the main actor, I always wanted to see Clint Eastwood as Roland, too bad he is too old now to play that role, lol:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/51c110b634e803bc66ec97c23f2b849c03709ec74de5fd9c1cbce09f59393042.jpg

I should watch Warcraft too, I have always been a fan of it (I hate wow though).
    Jul 9, 2016
    4 people like this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I can't imagine Mr King will sell off the rights entirely. i imagine he'd like to keep some creative control over how the film is made. I guess certain things need to be changed, but these changes seem sorta pointless and unnecessary. I don't know. I hope they don't change so much that it becomes "Dark Tower - Sorta"

I could imagine Clint eastwood being the main character, they even look similar in the illustrations xD
    Jul 9, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I usually am right there along anyone who cringes whenever Hollywood decides to 'edit' a book series when they adapt it to film. On the other, when it comes to the dark tower series in particular it would be really easy to justify having the movie diverge from the series in any number of ways while still technically keeping to canon due to the cyclical nature of the story as a whole.

As long as it's done well, I could see myself enjoying the movie even if it deviates, as the title itself hints at a bit of closure that the books never really give. There are still plenty of ways that they could screw it up and that does worry me, but the series itself gives plenty of leeway for them to deviate while still keeping to the spirit of the books and as long as they walk that thin line I think the movie actually has a lot of potential.
    Jul 9, 2016
    3 people like this.
  5. KanaX
    KanaX
    King does NOT translate well in the Big Screen. But hey, let's not jinx it.
    Jul 9, 2016
    3 people like this.
  6. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @KanaX - To late!

We are all doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jul 9, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. KanaX
    KanaX
    @Dalph™ Use your powers to bring Kubrick back from the grave.
    Jul 9, 2016
    3 people like this.
  8. Skunk
    Skunk
    I am, and im not looking forward to this :(  
    Jul 10, 2016