Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    When a game reaches that turf, be sure to save it all the time! That's like King's Quest and Space Quest (or any of those old point and click adventures). You can die for just breathing in those. They enjoy seeing you meet your grisly demise O_O

http://img.squakenet.com/snapshot/413/1629-KingsQuest5.jpg

(Graham takes a drink of water. Oh, how refreshing it is!...Suddenly, a giant hellbeast jumps from the pool and swallows Graham whole!)

-Too bad, Graham...
    Jul 10, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Look out Graham!  A poisonous snake!

Quest for Glory too.  The old Baba Yaga.
    Jul 11, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    Haha!I think I'd have to vote Cedric as the world's most annoying owl known to man. And I truly love birds. But I sometimes wish you could grab him and throw him at your enemies as a projectile. And before they recovered, he could talk them to death.

Recently picked up a pack of Sierra point and clicks from Gog during their summer sale, and I must say...Space Quest is extremely unforgiving O_O One of these days I may survive for ten whole minutes. I got my hands on all the Quests for Glory as well. Looking forward to getting killed in them repeatedly!
    Jul 11, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    @JCBrickston Hope you enjoy them.  Yeah SQ I died so much, AND if you dare do things out of order it screws with you and reduces your score and calls you a cheater.
    Jul 11, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    @BananaThug Haha, well at least I have something good to look forward to: inevitable and constant doom :D

But I truly enjoy the older games like that. It reminds me of my childhood. Back then I was fascinated with just being able to make your character move from screen to screen. Nowadays games have become so advanced that games like King's Quest are considered outdated by some. But there's a charm to retro games that I cannot get enough of. I keep going back to them.

And believe me, I know how important it is to do things in the proper order in those games. One mistake and the time you spent playing your adventure could be thrown right in the trash can. When they programmed something a certain way, you either obeyed or faced the consequences!
    Jul 11, 2016
    2 people like this.