RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Hot coffee is so last week. Get a french press and try some cold brewed coffee!

Note: I may be biased due to the high temperatures here. It is, however, much nicer on your tummy. Far less acidic!
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
It's hot outside but I'm perpetually freezing, so I always drink hot things. My boyfriend wants a French press for work though.
mlogan
mlogan
taarna23, I've always heard French press was more acidic because no paper filter to absorb some of the acid.
taarna23
taarna23
@mlogan Maybe, but not with cold brewed coffee. Add filtered water to grounds and let sit in the fridge for 12 hours, then press. Not using hot water means less acid is pulled from the grounds. It's enough of a difference that I don't need an antacid in the afternoons anymore.
mlogan
mlogan
Ahhh, okay, that does make sense. And oddly, I've never thought to use my French press for cold brew, I've always used other methods. But it totally makes sense.
Lunarea
Lunarea
@Ms Littlefish: I've had mornings like that.... Not enough caffeine to clear the cobwebs from the tired brain and it's too easy to miss adding an essential part - like water, coffee or filter. I've had all of them happen before. Once on the same day, for that matter. It was definitely extra-caffeine kind of day. >_>

Now I've got a Keurig with the fancy pods, so I don't miss out too much. :D
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
@Lunarea One morning I had a pot full of water ready to go in the maker and I set it down with just a little too much force. It completely shattered. What will I do for a cup of hot coffee? Will I walk to the Speedway at 5AM in December? Yes, yes I will. Then I'll clean up the mess in the kitchen. Coffee is always first.
Lunarea
Lunarea
I inherited a much beloved Turkish coffee pot and the knowledge to make a wicked awesome Turkish coffee from my great grandma, so if that coffee maker breaks, I've got me covered. :D

I've also got a little pot of instant coffee. I use it for baking (add a teaspoon of instant coffee grounds to chocolate batter or frosting and it kicks up the chocolate by a notch), but I'd totally use it in a pinch if there were no other alternatives...
mlogan
mlogan
I would love a Kuerig simply for the fact of super easy clean up. :D

We used to use a French press every day, and I love the taste, but between the mess of clean up and the fact that we now go through way more coffee in a morning, I set it aside for special occasions. I've now got a coffee maker with a timer and a great husband who sets it up at night, so most mornings it's a no-brainer.
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
Coffee and chocolate. <3

I've never had Turkish coffee, but I need to try all the coffee. So, new coffee goals. I do have a lot of opportunities to have Cuban coffee though. That will really wake you up.
Lunarea
Lunarea
@mlogan My Keurig was a Christmas gift last year, and I can honestly say it was one of the best gifts ever! Not only is there less waste and clean-up, but you can get a cup of fresh coffee in a minute - and there are so many different companies and flavors of pods that you're not feeling like you're stuck with just one coffee type. It's really fantastic, and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys good coffee on a regular basis. :)
taarna23
taarna23
@Lunarea To be honest, there's more waste. Coffee and filter is biodegradable - could throw both into a compost heap. Keurig adds plastic to the mix, even with the ones that are minimally wasteful.

I will admit, it IS good for a workplace, where everyone has their own tastes for coffee.

@Ms Littlefish Turkish coffee is equal amounts how the grounds are prepared (SUPER fine grind) and how the coffee is prepared. However, it can definitely result in eye-opening coffee! Similarly made is cardamom coffee, which is a super fine grind with cardamom added. Admittedly, the directions for that were basically boil for a little while in whatever you have handy, allow to settle for 5 minutes and then pour carefully. XD
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
That sounds so freaking good. o_o
KanaX
KanaX
It's pretty strong, Turkish coffee that is. The trick is to simmer the water instead of boiling it and then add the powder and dissolve it. Not a fan of it myself, but it's popular here so I was obligated to learn how to make a cup :p
taarna23
taarna23
Dissolve? There's no dissolving. You get coffee sludge at the bottom of the pot. XD
KanaX
KanaX
Well, whatever there is to be dissolved among the flavor compounds :p.
Fun fact: the residue of the coffee sludge on the bottom of the cup is used for fortune-telling.
taarna23
taarna23
@KanaX You future, I see it...

...you will get more coffee.
KanaX
KanaX
@taarna23 I don't drink coffee.

You are not the best at this.
Lunarea
Lunarea
@taarna23 I meant less waste in terms of coffee... Because if I make a pot and drink maybe 2/3 of it throughout the day before it gets the awful burnt or stale taste, it's a waste. Whereas I can make individual cups of coffee with the Keurig and always have a fresh taste.

They do have reusable k-cups in addition to several versions of eco-friendly pods available (depending on the area). There's even a company making them out of degradable plastic. It's pretty cool. :D
Hollow 1977
Hollow 1977
I did that with a few times and the going to get some tea when all there was was water. Lunarea one my coworkers brought one of those in and lets the other workers use. It is amazing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernGamer