Comments on Profile Post by HamPants

1. HamPants
    HamPants
    As a concept, I mean. Feel free to cite examples where they have and have not worked.
    Oct 20, 2012
  2. hyde9318
    hyde9318
    Certainly. I would love a skill that would do more damage if an enemy was burnt. Or a skill that would only do damage if they were sleeping. It would really bring in some new tactics to longer battles.
    Oct 20, 2012
  3. HamPants
    HamPants
    Some of my favorites have been: Shatter (removes reflect status, and deals much magic damage), and one that always critical hits if the foe is blind.
    Oct 20, 2012
  4. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Zombie + heal = death

That's my favorite. :)
    Oct 20, 2012
  5. Thalzon
    Thalzon
    A good one might be a skill that deals more damage based on how many negative ailments the target is suffering from, but it cures all the ailments in the process.
    Oct 20, 2012
  6. Gigglemoo
    Gigglemoo
    Sure, but only if unique concepts like these are introduced slowly in a game.
    Oct 20, 2012
  7. Robin
    Robin
    Gigglemoo, what you can do is introduce the status effects first, and then later introduce a skill that relies on that status effect. I don't think it'd be too difficult to introduce.
    Oct 20, 2012
  8. Robin
    Robin
    HamPants, if you have any more favourites, or if anyone else does, I'd be interested in hearing more.
    Oct 20, 2012
  9. HamPants
    HamPants
    I've seen a few over the years - One that consumes/removes positive status effects from the target, doing progressively more damage with each one removed. There's also just the general exploit ones that are fun - sometimes, you might not bother poisoning an enemy, but if you have a skill that does extra damage to poisoned foes, it can be a bit more worth it, if the battle is long enough.
    Oct 20, 2012