RPG Maker Forums

Arisa
Arisa
Dark pink is my choice.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I use whatever color makes sense.  I've seen "clear" used, I've seen green... I've seen yellow...  Healing potions come in all shapes and colors.  So long as it heals... does it matter what it looks like?

My question is always:  "What does a healing potion TASTE like?"
Arisa
Arisa
@Tai_MT It tastes like cockroaches and liver, lol
Blindga
Blindga
@Tai_MT That's true. Tis' but a rhetorical question to pass the time and see what people say.

I do like dark pink though. Heretic used dark pink and I did like that one.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
My healing potions taste bitter, if that matters...  And are pink bottles....  From the RTP.  I have literal flavor text for my healing items :D
Euphony
Euphony
Whatever color the health bar is! Which is usually red. And it tastes like Hawaiian Punch.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
   Mine are clear or amber (amber = stronger) taste like what you'd get if you mixed cheap alcohol with teatree oil and water distilled with thc and gulped it down... as such, it comes with a retching status-effect that makes conjuring spells or performing advance skills temporarily impossible (2 turns) if used in combat.

But healing potions aren't really supposed to be used in combat anyway, but most of my beta testers *****ed about being caught unaware in boss fights when they realized there hoard of healing potions didn't translate to invincibility in battle so I changed it to something more frustrating that at least gets the point across that they aren't meant to be popped like candy to make up for a lack of strategy.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@Alexander Amnell  I handled that a bit differently.  I just made healing potions slightly expensive so that if you WANTED to have them as a means of invincibility...  That invincibility was going to cost you.  The current rate for the basic potion you can obtain (heals 30 HP... more HP than any character has when they start the game) is 5 Gold.  Okay, seems cheap, right?  The basic enemies you find in the world and that aren't part of a quest or dungeon...  Drop 1 Gold each kill. 

That's right, five fights to earn one of these things.  For me, that translated perfectly to the player that "Gold is valuable" and "Healing up ain't cheap, so I better play smarter or equip better stuff".

Likewise, I was also a jerk and made some of the human enemies and bosses pop potions too :D   As a standard action.  That is typically used whenever the player uses one.  Or sometimes randomly at a percentage chance.  Because the players should know the frustration of potion-popping enemies too!
Blindga
Blindga
@Alexander Amnell Something I always wondered how well it would translate into RM is what Diablo 2 did with healing potions. Most healing potions have a slow release, so a common healing potion may healing 3/4 of your health, but it takes about a few seconds to take full effect, so you can still die before the potion heals you if you're in combat. The only way to tank with potions is to use Full-Rejuv potions that are much rarer.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
Had to edit the water tiles of Jason Perry's (final boss blues) beach tile set. I'm an animator now. :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x01010110x