Aug 15, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Ha! This is perfect! XD
    Aug 15, 2016
  3. TheRiotInside
    TheRiotInside
    I just ran my second half marathon yesterday! I have one not-so-obvious tip for you if you're not too obsessed with your gun time: start at the back of the line. I started near the front during my first race and completely underestimated the psychological impact of being passed for two hours. I was already ahead of everyone slower than me, so I didn't get to pass one person! Starting at the back, with all the faster runners already ahead, was way better motivation. :)
    Aug 15, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    That's actually really good advice, thank you! This is my first half marathon and I'm a pretty new runner, so I don't expect to go very fast at all and expect I will even have to walk a bit of it, too. I'm completely focused on the achievement of finishing rather than "winning" but the consideration of an entire pack of people passing me is something I probably would have forgotten to consider.
    Aug 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. TheRiotInside
    TheRiotInside
    Yeah, the change made a big difference for me. Good luck, high fives, and let us know how you make out in two weeks!
    Aug 15, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. TheRiotInside
    TheRiotInside
    Uh, so I came skulking through here to see how the half marathon went, when I finally realized you said two months and not two weeks, but you very kindly did not correct me, haha.
    Sep 3, 2016