RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Pfft. You'll be too burned out from school for a while. XD
KanaX
KanaX
Super excited for the moment. I'll probably gather a bunch of nifty tools for my nerdy arsenal. All I need now are zits and a nice round belly.
mlogan
mlogan
What about glasses with tape and a pocket protector, if you want to go real old school nerd?
KanaX
KanaX
Oh, I unchecked glasses I already got them for some slight astigmatism. A calc for working on a computer is completely redundant. If nothing else, nerds are efficient and practical. You should feel ashamed.
mlogan
mlogan
Pocket protectors are for pens not calculators silly. Besides, talking the whole retro look here. It's not about functionality. Maybe start a new trend of hipster-nerds. Hipsters like retro things right?
KanaX
KanaX
I think that hipsters have already gone through the nerd period in 2013 - 2014. So, we could say that the nerd style is retro^2. Does that mean that hipsters got bored of it and moved to the next gen retro? Or did it ironically increase in retro value?
KanaX
KanaX
Ugh, my bad, we are talking ruby here. retro ** 2
mlogan
mlogan
Hmm, I think their next step should be retro-future and they can start dressing like 2015 in Back to the Future 2.
KanaX
KanaX
Honestly, retro-future from Back to the Future is pretty much the 90s style, if you really think about it. I think they need to go through 80s nasty gangsters first. Not sure how they can pull off nasty, but, hey, life is a spectacle.
mlogan
mlogan
Eh, I could see some of the late 80's-very early 90's taking some inspiration from it, but as someone who was in the prime of youth in that era, it wasn't all out identical by any means. When I think of 90's clothing, I think of a much-more subdued style of the mid-late 90's.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.
Make a Game in MZ, Episode 11 is now live! This week, I'm going to show my process of turning a draft map into a finished map. (Which most people don't do, but I'm weird). Join in the chat and ask me anything:

Someone: "I'm not mad, what about the way I replied to you makes you think I'm mad?"
First reply to me: [Insert personal attack]
Me: "Oh... I don't know..."
Gonna announce the OCC3 winners tomorrow. Though really you can just go look at the polls and tell :)
Ooh, profile banners! I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hydramonkeh87