Comments on Profile Post by taarna23

1. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I love this idea. I get pretty determined at times to see just how far you can take the free materials with a little elbow grease. It's pretty fun.
    Aug 30, 2016
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    The one thing that concerns me actually is SFX... I really don't like the default RM ones - they sound cheesy (at least to me). Currently I have a surprisingly vast array of matching tilesets, a bunch of characters (that could use some colour fixing) with matching portraits and some attack animations, side-view battlers, and there is a staggering amount of free music available in this forum alone. I'd also have to consider "make it myself" as free, as there are just some things that I need.

This could be neat. Or it could be horrible. But that pretty much goes for any project one does. My dungeon runner is already halfway to this (or more) and maybe I should just give it a try. I'll have to think on it.
    Aug 30, 2016
  3. Dalph
    Dalph
    If you have troubles finding custom sounds then check on opengameart, there is a huge amount of free sound effects of any kind there (high quality stuff too) and a lot of them are even commercial free.

If you don't like opengameart (can be tricky with some licenses sometimes), there are tons of free websites for free sound effects. You might want to check some Youtube channels too, creators usually share them in their videos as free to use.
    Aug 30, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I've really been wanting to make a complete alternative to the RM SFX. Just 'cause. And, mainly so all the the sound effects I've made have a beefy set of basics backing them up. Of course that takes time, planning, and effort. Soooooo, TBD. XD

Aug 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Leon Kennedy
    Leon Kennedy
    Ross Bugden on youtube has tons of royalty free bgm over 62 songs now I believe, audioblocks has a ton of royalty free sfx that even has a nice feature where you can search by category from the very start so you waste no time finding what you are looking for. Good luck :)
    Aug 30, 2016
  6. taarna23
    taarna23
    Ehh... there's a difference between "free" and "royalty free." The latter generally costs money (as is the case with AudioBlocks), which would defeat the point of attempting to create a game using only free resources. As is, I have access to a pile of SFX resources I can use, but I forked over money for 'em.
    Aug 30, 2016
  7. Leon Kennedy
    Leon Kennedy
    Ah okay did know that about audioblocks but ross's is completely free hes been asked millions of times if they can use for commercial its always yes. I was trying to express that but with all the definitions of "free" its hard to tell anymore but his is legit free haha. Ah okay well good luck again.
    Aug 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.