Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. mlogan
    mlogan
    :D  I binge watched over two afternoons. Love it! Can't wait for season 2.
    Sep 2, 2016
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, I'm super glad there will more soon even though I've only seen one episode. I actually started watching because the news ran a little story about the second season being approved and I'm all, "Oh, yeah. That's a thing." 
    Sep 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. atasuke10
    atasuke10
    at first I dismissed it when people recommended it to me, but then my manages was like: "watch it its rly good" and then i watched 1st ep and marathoned the rest :D
    Sep 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    @mlogan I got ya beat - it came out when I was home sick. One day. XD

And then I watched it again with my daughter. And again with my mom. Hey boyfriend doesn't like it, though. He's decided that because there are kids, it must be a kids' show.

Also - the condition that the character Dustin has is a real thing, super rare. I can't remember what it's called, but it's bone condition - they don't form right, teeth issues, no shoulderblades, if collar bones grow, they generally do so incorrectly and need to be surgically removed... sounds like no fun at all.
    Sep 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I'm only one episode in, but I really like that it has such a huge focus on the kids. I think it's an interesting perspective, not to mention you get some super teenage nostalgia. Granted '83 was a few years before my time but riding on bikes and stirring up trouble? Walkie-Talkies? Super. Nostalgia. XD
    Sep 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Guess I should watch it after I finish this movie. It's been on my list since it came out, but I just wasn't sure what to think of it.
    Sep 2, 2016
  7. mlogan
    mlogan
    taarna, I probably would have but I had to adult. :p

Yeah, Ms Littlefish, for me it's the perfect time period - so much nostalgia. I would have been 6/7 at the time.

Slim - Yes, yes you must watch it. I command you! :D
    Sep 2, 2016
  8. taarna23
    taarna23
    I didn't, heh. Upside of being sick, I guess. XD

And yeah, Nostalgia, for sure. My mom even asked as she watched the first episode "where was this when I was in the 80s?" They got the feel of it down so well that she thought it WAS a show from the 80s.
    Sep 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. taarna23
    taarna23
    @slimmmeiske2 It is somehow, impossibly, Stephen King meets The Goonies. I have NO idea how. But it works.
    Sep 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.