Comments on Profile Post by taarna23

1. taarna23
    taarna23
    Alright! It looks like my most recent backup was back when I was first converting the Builder to use a database for tile information instead of an XML file (which was getting large and unwieldy). I can work from this.

I just hope that this time around it ends up being Windows 10-friendly. I still don't know why it isn't.
    Sep 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    Dear past me: I hate you.

Present me is going to start this thing over largely from scratch.

You suck, past me.
    Sep 15, 2016
    3 people like this.
  3. mlogan
    mlogan
    I'm chuckling at your conversation with yourself. But hang in there, you got this.
    Sep 15, 2016
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    I'm glad I could entertain! After going "Visual Studio? Hey, I remember this thing!" and then looking at my code, stowing it in a "reference only" folder, my last little bit of lunch was spent making a brand new project, renaming the main code file and dropping in some folders and the VX Ace background grids. Later tonight I'll get some work done towards it and the properly commit it to revision control.

Parts of my old code I can still use (and will need to), hence the reference folder, but it is somewhat refreshing to start in something new. For anyone curious that ends up here - yes, it will support MV, and still support VX/Ace, and still support XP tiles for use in VX/Ace. It just might be a little while. Or a lot while. I don't know.
    Sep 15, 2016
    3 people like this.
  5. Artificer
    Artificer
    nice
    Sep 15, 2016