RPG Maker Forums

Hudell
Hudell
How did most people acquire your game?
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
75% of reviewers (key word reviewers) got it via a key. I did not ask them for a positive review.
Hudell
Hudell
Oh. Well, I guess that's exactly what steam wanted. Are your sales also lower because of it?
Leon Kennedy
Leon Kennedy
Well it just goes both ways, this will help prevent all the bogus reviews that were just people doing as they were requested to positive the game for a free copy and in your case will make reviews that may of been legit not valid. Overall I support it, so sick of the bogus reviews. Even with this in place people will still find ways to get invalid upvotes and possibly get down votes on competition etc. Sorry for your loss of reviews though.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
I haven't checked sales figures, but it has tanked overall exposure. The problem arises when people who bought the game do not leave any sort of review - but what Steam wanted to stop was the fraudulent positive reviews, I don't think that actually cutting out all reviews (negative and positive) from steam key purchasers was their exact intention.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Unfortunately, it has told me that I may as well not make another game if the 'giants' in the market (distributors etc) are going to be as fickle as this and basically wipe out the vast majority of indie developer's advertising efforts :|
The Stranger
The Stranger
They haven't removed non-Steam purchased reviews, they've simply separated them from the Steam purchased ones. I agree fully with @Leon Kennedy on this. It should help, in some small way, with the issue of overwhelmingly positive reviews which are fake.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
They have removed their contribution to the overall game score.
Leon Kennedy
Leon Kennedy
@EternalShadow I think from here how steam should proceed is having hired reviewers that will actually leave legitimate reviews on a game and not have to purchase it, along with people that purchased. Everyone who releases a game should get that chance to get a couple of reviews. It may take some cash from them but everyone knows they aren't lacking it and that way they would know the reviews were legitimate and not just because they received a free copy.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffychu