Comments on Profile Post by taarna23

1. Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    A lot of non-commercial materials often ask to not re-distribute them as well. As far as this goes I don't think FedEx has anything to worry about, they aren't making money off the materials, they are making money off of the service they provide. 

I'm confused did the school expect to get a service for free because their materials were free?
    Sep 19, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    No; no school had anything to do with other than going "FedEx, please to print." The makers of the materials the school is using are suing FedEx because they feel that FedEx is making money off of their materials (by being paid to print them.)
    Sep 19, 2016
  3. Zeriab
    Zeriab
    It might just be a case of suing to protect their IP.

I know seems foolish, and it is foolish as well. A bug, so to speak, is present in the US legal system. You may have a situation where you will almost certainly loose if you sue, yet not suing may significantly weaken your rights further down the line.

To me this case feels a bit like that. I wouldn't be surprised if Great Minds do not actually expect to win.

*hugs*
    Sep 19, 2016
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    Except that it's trademarks that need to be defended or lost - not licensing terms or copyrights. I feel like someone in Great Minds' legal department has no clue what they're doing.
    Sep 19, 2016
  5. Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @taarna23 Oh, okay got you that makes far more sense. Still feel there is not much of a case here if you ask me. 
    Sep 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.