Comments on Profile Post by LuLingqi1

1. taarna23
    taarna23
    If you weren't a member+, you can't... You could start one on wordpress or something, though. They don't even charge out out the nose if you want to go full service and it can double as your website, too (you can design pages just as easy as you would a blog post).
    Oct 6, 2016
  2. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    Mmm. I've already shelled out an arm and a leg for the game as it is. I'll just use a weebly or something and maybe link people to it. Wait, would that be against forum rules if I post a link to my blog for the game?
    Oct 6, 2016
  3. taarna23
    taarna23
    Wordpress is free, just go for it. If you want to go full website later, it's like $3 a month. Weebly will start you at $10 a month. With wordpress you're also more discoverable by people browsing wordpress. Even if you upgrade to the next higher plan than the basic one, it's STILL cheaper than weebly...
    Oct 6, 2016
  4. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    Weebly doesn't do it for free anymore? Sad face. I'll use wordpress then. Thank you!
    Oct 6, 2016
  5. taarna23
    taarna23
    Weebly does, but when you're ready to do things like get a proper domain (which you will want to do one day) they start really charging you for it.
    Oct 6, 2016
  6. mlogan
    mlogan
    Wix is also free, but if you're mainly wanting a blog, I'd definitely go with WordPress.
    Oct 6, 2016
  7. taarna23
    taarna23
    I wouldn't recommend Wix to anyone. Like, ever. They basically take the "nice website you've designed there. Shame if anything happened to it" approach to marketing. I think their bandwidth limit is 200 or 500mb or something, and then they want like $30 per month to get it back online.
    Oct 6, 2016
  8. mlogan
    mlogan
    Oh, I used it for quite a long while without any issues.
    Oct 6, 2016
  9. taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, the way I see it is if a service advertises on TV so much that I can see their ads more than once in the couple hours a week I see cable, they're likely charging their users far too much.
    Oct 6, 2016
  10. RishigangiX
    RishigangiX
    @taarna23 I think Wix has regional prices just like Steam.
    I am paying about $35 a year (including the domain), which I think is pretty fair. Although, I think the unlimited bandwidth one costs a bit higher(around $65 or so).

I don't know what the prices are in other regions.
    Oct 6, 2016