Comments on Profile Post by HexMozart88

1. Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Lol I seriously sit like L from Death Note half the time while on my computer; honestly I sometimes don't even notice I switched to that position until my legs start to hurt.

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/72/75/83/7275832_gal.jpg
    Oct 11, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    My posture's actually pretty good when I'm standing, I've got an over arched back because all through life my back was stronger than my stomach muscles, but other than that I'm good.  I don't stand much though, most of the time I'm sitting or lounging and my sitting posture is atrocious.
    Oct 11, 2016
  3. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Well, when I'm standing, it kind of depends on how I feel at the particular moment. If I'm sad or depressed, I slouch horribly. If I'm in a decent mood, I think my posture's okay. 
    Oct 11, 2016
  4. Archeia
    Archeia
    I have a bad posture too when in focus mode...like Gendo posture :rswt2:
    Oct 11, 2016
  5. Yappy Monoxide
    Yappy Monoxide
    Well, when you're depressed slouching is a given.

As for me, my posture is most of the time bad. It's actually kinda hard for me to sit up straight and that's pretty bad.
    Oct 11, 2016
  6. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    @yappy Even when I struggled with severe depression, I still had rather excellent posture.

It's something that must be practiced!  (Also, take breaks every hour... get outside and stretch! Rest your eyes!)
    Oct 11, 2016
  7. Yappy Monoxide
    Yappy Monoxide
    @Ghost Galaxy I am sorry that had to go through that. But the thing is though is that I don't think most people care to practice. They either naturally do it or someone constantly nags them to sit up straight. Eh, maybe I'm wrong. 
    Oct 11, 2016
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    I practice.  I have this thing about wanting to look like a princess. . . .   :blush:
    Oct 11, 2016
    3 people like this.
  9. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    Yapps, you're not wrong! Most people can't be bothered!  But it'll save you years of back pain and a hunched back in the future!
    Oct 11, 2016
    2 people like this.
  10. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Practice makes perfect. Don't get me wrong, you'll never see me hit the gym, but I "taught" meself for example to stop walking with my feet spread. Took a year almost, but it worked.

As a former high end waiter I also worked a lot on my posture, for the looks of it and to preserve my back.

don't need to exercise much, just be attentive to your posture and do small exercises when you can (used to do discreete butt cheeks clinches while standing still, when watching over my section. You can do that in the subway for example) result now is that while 5 years of office work in a chair have helped distend my belly muscles (and beer too) a bit, I still have the butt of an 18 YO warrior maiden.
    Oct 11, 2016
  11. Dalph
    Dalph
    I have a military posture. You can't afford to slouch when you are over 6 feet tall, that translates into giving a warm welcome to back problems, especially when old age occurs.
    Oct 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    I hope it isn't actually military posture, that's too straight.  Removing all curve from your spine takes the spring out.
    Oct 11, 2016
  13. Dalph
    Dalph
    It's not too straight yes, I always follow my doctor's advice of course.

Good thing is that most of my height is in my legs, because we all know that having a longer spine increases the chance of developing bad posture and so back problems too.
    Oct 11, 2016
  14. Blackyu
    Blackyu
    I don't have that much of an horrible posture, but I happen to lean forward a lot, and always look down. Not very convenient for the spine or neck, and I actually suspect a misplaced vein in my back (due to posture, again) to be a reason for some insomnias or bad heart health.
    Oct 12, 2016
  15. mlogan
    mlogan
    sits up straight

Seriously, mine is terrible, always has been, something I've been trying to work on lately.
    Oct 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    @Ghost Galaxy For me, it may be more of a please-do-not-look-at-me-I'm-not-that-important kind of thing. And I have the same problem as @Blackyu, which is that I always look down, I have a really hard time meeting people's eyes. Quite weird actually, but despite that, eyes are what I'm best at drawing. I do try to practice, but I normally end up like one of those JRPG portraits that lean so far back they're almost falling over. 

http://arcadesushi.com/550/files/2013/08/Weird-JRPGs.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

The white-haired one especially. 
    Oct 12, 2016
  17. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    Ah. You guys are gonna have to get over looking at people's eyes! That is how you communicate! Veeeeeerrrrrry offensive to look away when people talk to you! :p

Anyway, best of luck with this whole thing!
    Oct 12, 2016
  18. Sharm
    Sharm
    Depends on the culture, actually.
    Oct 12, 2016
  19. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    @sharm Semantics! :p

But to clarify, I'd say in the USA/Canada, at any rate.  (Most western/modern cultures)
    Oct 12, 2016