RPG Maker Forums

bgillisp
bgillisp
I thought the entire game was poorly done myself. Too bad you'd probably get $5 for it in trade in.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
I'd actually get £15/$20 for a tradein.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
   I haven't played a fire emblem since Sacred/Sword of Seals and Path of/Radiant Dawn but hearing that the games are still as off the rails as they started to be around that time makes me really sad. Used to be such fun games with just an endearing hint of anime weirdness to them here and there, now it seems they're all anime weirdness with little fun to offer.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
I liked the combat, the characters, the premise and the music but the storytelling was just so awful that it dragged down the entire game - people dying randomly for really mundane/stupid reasons out of combat after you put a lot of time and effort into them is just pitiful design, and the actual flow of events in the story make very little sense :/
bgillisp
bgillisp
@EternalShadow: That was my problem, plus the fact I felt the Dragon Vein system totally unbalanced fights. For example Chapter 23 made me want to scream, as that boss would use a skill to cause a cave-in that did ~10 HP damage to a big group, then everyone in range would swarm and KO one person that would have lived if not for that 10 HP I could do nothing about. Grrr...
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
(Also the game in general is very shallow, for various other reasons too complex to state in a simple status update, but the crux of it is that most of the game is RNG, and there is no "interlinking" of even the results of past RNG)
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
@bgillisp BR's c23 was actually a cool idea with the fireballed routes, but it was very painful in actual execution, as units often took health damage due to being unable to move fast enough to get into cover by the second turn, and for some odd unstated reason, said fireball does not affect enemy units??
bgillisp
bgillisp
I don't remember the fireballed routes, as on my play-through that boss spammed cave-in, which hit all units in a wide area for ~10 HP (more if DEF was low). But yes, I agree with you about the RNG. I remember one mission you had to use the Dragon Vein to create a bridge, but if you get the wrong one you spawned lava and monsters, and there was nothing (at least that I could see) to clue you in. So it was pray to the RNG goddess to survive that one.

I think all that saved my sanity playing that game was the ability to turn off permadeath. As it is, I felt like they took all the features of the last Fire Emblem game, and threw them together into a mix with no idea why anyone liked those features or what made them good in the last game.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
You may have played Conquest(?), as the fireballed things were in the underground passage in BR, vs the enemy whose name starts with C.

The ability for no permadeath is a good thing, but feels like the whole game would be a waste of time with it on as you can often die in one hit if you get unlucky :/
bgillisp
bgillisp
Nope, was birthright, I know what boss you are talking about. The fireballed things hit once, then cave-in'd the rest of the battle. Maybe it depends on how you approach her.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
That's odd, I saw fireballs every time! Did you finish the game? I googled the story, it doesn't look like anything worth finishing, sadly :/
bgillisp
bgillisp
I did, it didn't get any better sadly. Plus I felt like the story was incomplete, but there's no way I'm paying the $20 to get the other part as DLC. Besides, I hear Conquest is worse.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigajaba