RPG Maker Forums

Marquise*
Marquise*
Thank-you!  *cybermental hugs*
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Agreed. No matter how good we become at something, there is always room to learn more and become better. 
Labyrinthine
Labyrinthine
Thanks, I needed that!
Caitlin
Caitlin
It's why I try to compete with myself rather than other people. If I start to compare our stuff, they might have better art work, their screenshots look better, but competing with myself I always see improvement. (^_^)
Scythuz
Scythuz
So true, particularly since the grass always seems greener on the other side.
Celianna
Celianna
Indeed, don't compare yourself with others. Truth is, of course there is always someone better at something than you out there. Does that mean you should stop trying? No! Every experience is unique, so try, try and try again until you get it right.
taarna23
taarna23
No kidding! Just keep working at the stuff you want! And really, the worst thing you can do to yourself is say "I want my game to be perfect!" There's no such thing. My game-in-progress is based on complete spaghetti code. I'm pretty sure it would make an experienced javascripter cry. But it's the best way I could think of to do it, and it works. Same goes for my sprites - I'm no pixel artists, but I found some free sprites that are close enough, and I'm just going to keep on editing them until they look okay.
Niten Ichi Ryu
Niten Ichi Ryu
Also, you ain't actually that bad. If someone is better than you, there is also someone somewhere worst than you.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
I've found the solution is just to know I'm better than everyone else. :p
taarna23
taarna23
@Touchfuzzy Yeah... but some of us don't have enough room for ourselves AND our ego. ;)
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
Yeah, I'm having to move in August when my lease runs out, running out of room for my Ego here.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats into the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:
Oh, boy. I'm now having dreams about Unity.
i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
retrowatch