RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Well, at some point I plan to pick at MV save files - see how they tick (besides the base64 encoding). The answer to your question is bound to be in there somewhere. Assuming, of course, that you're using MV.
Ashouse
Ashouse
Correct mv. There is a plugin that lets you save in a designated folder, I think. Maybe I can find it and link it to you fir future ref.
taarna23
taarna23
Well, there's one that makes the game save in default app folder locations instead of the in-folder location. I'm in a position to know, having written it. ;)
Ashouse
Ashouse
OH WAS THAT YOU!!! lol Cool. Yeah, I think that was the one. You ever get the jewelry sight up?
bgillisp
bgillisp
Millenium did it for all 5 of their games. The secret is you have to plan out your entire database for all episodes in advance before making game 1. The reason is, if the weapon at id #1 is a short sword in game 1, and the player has that weapon equipped, when they go to game 2, it will say they still have equipped the weapon at id 1, even if that is now Epic Sword of Instant Win with 999 ATK.
Ashouse
Ashouse
Hmm. Now for the how? Lol :)
taarna23
taarna23
Ah, fair enough. I guess that makes sense, now... I remember digging through the .hack games (uh, yeah - slight fan. Tiny fan. Honest.) and finding all the textures for things that exist throughout the entire series... on the first disc.

NOW that makes total sense.
Ashouse
Ashouse
Uh, Taarna... I think you put that post in the wrong place. Lol
taarna23
taarna23
Nah. Stuff over multiple games using the same save. That's EXACTLY what the .hack games did. I always wondered why the first game had stuff from the fourth game that you never even see until the fourth game in its data. Now it makes way more sense.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage