Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Depends on how hungry I am. I agree, though, I enjoy slow cooking; even if I don't have a slow cooker and am forced to do it how I saw my mother do it. I also love cooking a stew for an entire day, then eating it the next. :)
    Dec 12, 2016
  2. Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Not to mention that slow cooked flavor!  :popcorn:
    Dec 12, 2016
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, I still make a lot of slow recipes on the stove top, too. Especially stews and chili, because I'll make an absolute ton and freeze the leftovers. I really, really enjoy cooking but realistically I only have time and energy to do it a few times a week. Stuff that makes me lots leftovers are my BFF.

What I really love to do in my slow cooker are various plays on shredded meats to put over a grain or into some buns/breads. Steam up some vegetables and that's a pretty dayum good dinner for me.
    Dec 12, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    I love my rice cooker for the same reason.  I bought a pretty high end one that has lots of cooking options and a built in steamer.  It's really easy to just throw in a bunch of food and ignore it until it's finished.
    Dec 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Set it and forget it. I should look into a rice cooker like that. The way I steam my vegetables right now involves a pan I use for nearly everything. It's a little annoying. 
    Dec 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Ms Littlefish I used to steam my veggies using a bowl in a pot of water which was heated by the hob. Now I just have a steamer. :D
    Dec 12, 2016
  7. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Enjoy!  Snofall is a really relaxing and joyful view... Until you have to get the car shoveled and go to work... :X  Errr... I know it spoils it all.  But remember before tomorow just the hot cocoa and it will be fine!
    Dec 12, 2016