Comments on Profile Post by noctiluca

1. Hudell
    Hudell
    Wut. Do you have a link to that?
    Dec 21, 2016
  2. noctiluca
    noctiluca
    translated: <Announcement 3/7> Currently developing new support tools for RPG Maker MV! We are currently working on an option for an isometric display. We hope you can make more unique projects with it! *This image is a work-in-progress.

It was also reported on at 4gamer.net http://www.4gamer.net/games/312/G031261/20160908071/

Mostly wondering if anyone else remembers this tweet!
    Dec 21, 2016
  3. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    ah yes I think this will be able to be append to MV mappings :)  
    Dec 21, 2016
  4. noctiluca
    noctiluca
    I'm willing to wait for it, since it would be a huge update to the engine, but wish they gave an idea of a release window or confirmed it will indeed be a thing... not knowing how autotiles, parallax maps and stuff (like visual plugins, pathfinding etc) will be handled makes it difficult to start working on any resources.
    Dec 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    XD ...*no words!!*
    Dec 21, 2016
  6. Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    I'm looking forward to this. Hope they'll announce it officially soon. o:
    Dec 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. ALTERED STATE ?
    ALTERED STATE ?
    RPG Maker 2! re:MV Final Mix a ~Japanese Passage~
    Dec 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  8. Ezyilnetz
    Ezyilnetz
    Will I be able to use 2D isometric drawings/tiles with it as direct tiles placement instead of 2D tiles turned/rendered into 3D??
    Jan 11, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  9. noctiluca
    noctiluca
    I have no idea how they are making the system work so I can't answer that, unfortunately. I wanted to know too because I wanted to make resources for it.

I don't even know if they are still working on an isometric feature or ever intend to release it. At this rate it would probably be easier and quicker to make an isometric-compatible TileD plugin. :( Sometimes I wish I was a programmer and not artist
    Jan 12, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ezyilnetz
    Ezyilnetz
    :(

That tweet got me excited  cus I've been planning to practise making isometric 2D tiles.

I wish I'm way beyond the level of beginner artist and programmer xD
    Jan 12, 2017