RPG Maker Forums

HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I am the same way, and I feel like such a horrible person when I do that, because I know that a lot of them can't help it. 
Diretooth
Diretooth
It's even worse when the person doesn't speak English as their primary language. On one hand, I get angry because I can't understand what they're saying, on the other hand, they're trying hard to communicate in a manner that they're not totally familiar with.
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
Well...that's just it. It's the World Wide Web...people speak other languages, but as it's said, English is the language of the internet, so a lot of people have to learn a language they don't know well in order to communicate. You would be in a similar position possibly if you wanted to communicate on a predominantly Japanese forum. Yet still, sometimes people make typos....or maybe they are just trying to be silly <_< ...what ever the case, I really don't see any reason to get worked up over it.
Diretooth
Diretooth
It's not that I get worked up over it, it's that I instinctively get worked up over it. It's not something I can necessarily control as easily as someone who doesn't care. Words, both written and spoken, are special to me. Especially when communicating. When I read, I hear the words as a voice, and when something is written in such a way that the voice becomes distorted, it's worse than if someone was speaking another language at me.

I fully support anyone who speaks a different language natively and tries to communicate in another, I may get angry, but it's the kind of irrational anger one has when faced with something unpleasant, but ultimately harmless. The key difference, I guess, is that I don't react, and instead try to facilitate understanding, or at the very least not comment when I don't understand.
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
well you risk to be really disappointed by me lol 

I'm not a native english and mostly learnt by myself so don't expect beautiful sentence lol

and obviously if you give me a negative answer because of my horrible grammar expect a more salty one lol 

I don't mind getting corrected, as long the person rest  polite to me xD
Diretooth
Diretooth
RAAAAWR! BAD ENGLISH BAD, GRAMMAR GOOD! RAWR RAWR RAWR!

Though, seriously, it usually happens when what's being said is unintelligible. If a person speaks English as their primary language, but can't make a coherent sentence whilst being sober, I usually tear into them with all the savagery of an angry wolf. Your English, however, is very good. As long as I can understand it in at least three read-throughs, I'm fine. Yours usually require only one time for me to know what you're saying.
Niten Ichi Ryu
Niten Ichi Ryu
wai u so untolerant bru? Tis da Inter Net.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Huh... Seems MZ got a update on Steam to version 1.2. Here's to hoping Effekseer's version upgrade and memory hole fix with this makes it not er... so crippling to frame rates. :LZSexcite:
I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emythystvial