RPG Maker Forums

bgillisp
bgillisp
Agreed. I played it for the first time in 2008 and I was like "What was all the fuss about? This is awful!"
taarna23
taarna23
They tell you at the END of the story what was going on. It's totally ridiculous. XD

But hey, it did kick off an awesome series, even if I can't speak much for the direction it's taken, in no small part due to just not being a console person anymore, really.
Kes
Kes
Good luck with the interview.
taarna23
taarna23
Thanks! Here's hoping - I actually miss my free time having value. Don't worry; I'll be working for a week before I miss having all this free time again. XD

In the meantime, programming, game making and learning to speedrun Axiom Verge!
Nirwanda
Nirwanda
Good luck! Have fun with axiom verge :)
Syltti
Syltti
Lucky you. In the past two months of job hunting I've only had one interview, and that went nowhere. THe struggle continues. qq
taarna23
taarna23
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - this is my second interview since October when I lost my previous job. Adding insult to injury, the place I interviewed at posted the job again yesterday. Apparently nobody at all was a better option than me.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Ouch! I had that happen with a job I interviewed at in 2015. They decided to take none of us, and hired a temp instead for the spot.
taarna23
taarna23
Yeah, I don't get moves like that. Isn't that exactly what probation periods are for? Where I'm from, a workplace can let you go within the first 90 days for any/no reason. So where's the harm in trying someone out for a couple months and see how it goes? I can't help but think that someone is better than no one.
Syltti
Syltti
My last workplace had a 60-day probation period where you could be let go if you were late more than twice or called in (for any reason) once. It's no wonder we constantly had people coming and going. xD

Also, get this. There's a neighborhood Walmart up the street from me that I applied to last November. Mom just told me that they're closing down in March. :^) The pain is quite real right now. (Thankfully I have applications in many other places, but still.)
taarna23
taarna23
Well, this interview is at a place that does custom kitchens. I've scoured their website but cannot fathom why they need a software (non-web) development team. I guess I will have questions for tomorrow. XD
Shaz
Shaz
 They tell you at the END of the story what was going on. It's totally ridiculous. 

That sounds exactly like LOST!  I watched the first two or three seasons then lost interest for that reason.

So is this interview at the place that previously rejected you?  If not, it would be worth applying again (or at least ringing them to see if they think it would be worth your while).  What often happens is that someone will be hired, and after a few weeks the employee will decide they don't like the job, the employer will decide that they're not a good fit or aren't up to the task, or that they'll find greener pastures within the same company, and the job will be available again.  Or it could be a second role.

This happened to me with my first programming job out of uni.  I interviewed, didn't get it.  6 months later they advertised again and I didn't bother applying because I assumed they wouldn't want me.  Another 6 months and they advertised again, so I applied.  Turns out the second ad was for a new position, not re-advertising for the first one, and they didn't have any good applicants.  If I'd applied again as soon as I saw it re-advertised, I would have been hired.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!
First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonBlack