Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Amnell

1. Hudell
    Hudell
    That's cool. Where are you moving to?
    Are you abandoning U.S. citizenship? I heard that if you don't, you have to keep paying U.S. taxes even if you never go back.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Alexander Amnell likes this.
  2. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    The Czech Republic, already over on a provisional visa (my wife's new job helped us out with that and as long as she does well there (which she undoubtedly will) her boss should be able to provide one of the recommendations we need as well.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Reapergurl and The Stranger like this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Moving to Europe? Maybe Russia? Russia is a nice place - lot's of beautiful wilderness. Move to the UK! Construct your own island using plastic bottles and junk, like one bloke did.
    Feb 11, 2017
  4. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Probably going to keep duel citizenship if we can, just because we still have a lot of family in the States. Looking at all the stuff we need to have though, it could be months at the least or even years before we get it all in order though, figure it's best not to even consider renouncing U.S citizenship until then :)
    Feb 11, 2017
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    dayum! Didn't notice your other reply stating you're moving to the Czech Republic; Eastern Europe, right? Not too sure where exactly it is, though.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Alexander Amnell likes this.
  6. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    It's between Germany and Poland, nice little basepoint for traveling around the rest of Europe eventually(which is like 1/3 of the reason we wanted to move, we've basically been all around the U.S. and I was briefly in Japan once but otherwise haven't had the chance to travel) because we'd both like to see more of the world before we get to much older and before the kids start going their own ways.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Reapergurl, mlogan and The Stranger like this.
  7. BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Wish I was that lucky. I would rant but I don't want to show anybody on this site my ugly side. Hope it goes well.
    Feb 11, 2017
    Reapergurl likes this.
  8. Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    I can only wish you well; I've been around the world, and under the circumstances I was in, it wasn't fun.
    Feb 11, 2017
  9. UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    @Reapergurl Where you captured by Interpol and shuttled around the world in Rendition planes, going from Blacksite to Blacksite, while making stops at such attractions as Guantanamo Bay or Abu Ghraib?
    "See the world as a high-level prisoner of Interpol!" That should be their motto.

Also @AlexanderAmnell: Good luck with your travels! How are you getting out? Are you becoming an Ex-Pat?
    Feb 18, 2017
  10. Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    @UNphiltered_khaos No. Witness Protection Program. Actually, in the hands of the Interpol b*tches, I'd be dehumanized and made very uncomfortable because I am transgendered. However, there's no lesser evil here.
    Feb 18, 2017