Comments on Profile Post by callmedan

1. Larry Jones
    Larry Jones
    Never too late to learn! ;) What instrument(s) would you be interested in learning?
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  2. callmedan
    callmedan
    I like all kinds of instruments XD I'd like to learn them all if I can. Yeah.. but my favourite one is piano.
    Mar 5, 2017
    Larry Jones likes this.
  3. Larry Jones
    Larry Jones
    Do you have the time / money to invest in high quality lessons with a good established teacher with a strong track record? If so I highly recommend it! If not, even online stuff can be really useful, just check people out thoroughly and make sure you are really learning from people who know!
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  4. Larry Jones
    Larry Jones
    Piano's a great instrument to start with because as you know it grounds you in understandings of harmony, melody, rhythm, and all the rest of it. It really does takes years of good quality practice and dedication, and it can be very rewarding.
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  5. Larry Jones
    Larry Jones
    It is only used in some orchestral scores though and is really more of a solo instrument. As for learning all of them ... each instrument takes years of practice and dedication, it makes sense to only start a new one every few years imo, and even then very few people get to proficient standard on many different kinds of instruments.
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  6. Larry Jones
    Larry Jones
    I'm not saying it's impossible, though, and if you just wanted to "have a go" and make a noise, you could probably learn to do that on different instruments, strings, brass, woodwinds etc over time. Imo more rewarding to focus properly on one to begin with, and maybe you could try out a few first to see which you liked if you wanted to.
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  7. Trihan
    Trihan
    I do tend to find that playing an instrument is easier if you can play an instrument. :)
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  8. callmedan
    callmedan
    Thank you a lot! Actually I did learn guitar and piano, but then I was too busy so I had to stop. And I also found piano is easier and more interesting to me than guitar. I think I'm gonna get back to piano class when I have time and focus on it.
    Mar 5, 2017
    Larry Jones likes this.
  9. callmedan
    callmedan
    I also make music but it's not really because I don't have much knowledge.
    Mar 5, 2017
  10. Larry Jones
    Larry Jones
    If you've already played you're obviously at a huge advantage and it'll be much easier to pick up again and develop! :D
    Mar 5, 2017
    callmedan likes this.
  11. KayZaman
    KayZaman
    ......I hope metal orchestra.
    Mar 6, 2017