RPG Maker Forums

Trihan
Trihan
My Jump into Javascript series kind of does this; it's a breakdown of all the core scripts, explaining what they do and how they work. If you want a full list of global data variables like $gameParty etc. and the functions they contain, type "window" or "this" into the console duirng test play and expand the arrows to drill down.
Lunarcomplex
Lunarcomplex
Hmm, that does seem very interesting however when I go through window: window -> $gameParty: Game_Party -> _gold: 0, it doesn't seem to give me any good information I can use in order to retrieve this data through writing a script. To find how much gold the player has I found $gameParty.gold() works, but I had to guess that.
Lunarcomplex
Lunarcomplex
I do use that but it doesn't show everything you can call/use, like how to get the amount of gold the player currently has, it shows how to set it. It's also lacking in so much more.
boomy
boomy
Whilst I agree that the sheet doesn't show everything (it's really a list of script calls that mimic event calls), no one has made a truly comprehensive list yet.

As for a good way to learn, I would suggest using the console log. Eg, gold is handled by gameParty and start typing in $gameParty in the console log gives me multiple suggestions including:

$gameParty._gold
$gameParty._steps

Etc.
Try it out!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Animalblack