Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Amnell

1. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Marinated the pup in pasta sauce to get the smell out but wtf am I supposed to do to the sheets? Don't care about most of them but he wallowed all over the footblanket my grandma crocheted as a wedding present, not sure what I can do to it that's potent enough to get out of mercaptans but gentle enough not to cause damage to crocheted wool.
    Apr 1, 2017
    Reapergurl likes this.
  2. Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Water and vinegar soaking solution, then wash on gentle. If that doesn't work, I've no clue what will.

Of course, the solution might not work the best with skunk odor, even if it smells identical to weed.
    Apr 1, 2017
    Alexander Amnell likes this.
  3. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I'm soaking it in water and vinegar and will give it a hand scrub (some of the links are already kinda loose, don't like to machine wash it if I can help it).

Unfortunately though I'll grant you skunk spray does smell surprisingly similar to bong water it's potency and perseverance just doesn't compare. (now you've made me miss that sheep though, though of course that's not at all hard to do.)
    Apr 1, 2017
    Dalph and Reapergurl like this.
  4. Dalph
    Dalph
    Hot water and disinfectant detergent if vinegar doesn't work. I also heard that sodium bicarbonate is very effective against the smell. Be sure to keep the windows open too (I'm sure you already did) and let everything dry to the sun.
    Apr 1, 2017
    Susan and Reapergurl like this.
  5. Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    @Dalph If it's dyed, then don't use too much sodium bicarbonate because it can make the color bleed.
    Apr 1, 2017
    Dalph likes this.