Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Amnell

1. TriceratopsX
    TriceratopsX
    Cash huh? Sounds suspicious, where were you heading with all that cash? But seriously? That's kind of weird your car was searched.
    Apr 7, 2017
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    <tinfoil hat> Cops are in the pockets of the credit card companies! </tinfoil hat>
    Apr 7, 2017
  3. Kudaaj330
    Kudaaj330
    Depends on the amount of money. If it is a larger sum, they have a right to investigate as it is natural for dealers to carry a lot on them, which gives them the suspicions. - It's a thing, and it's legal.
    Apr 7, 2017
  4. Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    dayum pigs...
    Apr 7, 2017
  5. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    @Kudaaj330 It would have to be a ridiculous amount of money and you'd need additional circumstances. For instance, if you were pulling someone over in a high drug area, low income neighborhood, and he pulled a wad of thousands of dollars and they were all 5s and 10s, and you asked him about the money and he was unable to provide consistent answers... THEN that makes sense.
    Apr 7, 2017
  6. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    But just having 500 bucks or something is NOT enough reason to search a vehicle. Alexander, did you ask the cop what it was all about?
    Apr 7, 2017
  7. Kudaaj330
    Kudaaj330
    Now that I think about it, it's actually as simple as "if they have ANY suspicions in general." they can do a search. o.o (Odour from vehicle, watched you struggle to hide something, threw something out the window, etc.) Otherwise they need your consent. OR a permit.
    Apr 7, 2017
  8. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    They have to establish probable cause. The odor of cannabis is probable cause. Furtive movement alone is NOT probable cause... the cop would also have to articulate danger or the concealment of evidence of a crime. Throwing something out the window is probable cause to detain just like odor of cannabis.
    Apr 7, 2017
  9. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    A in order to search a vehicle a cop needs 1) probable cause or 2) he needs to articulate that he feels threatened. Without those, he needs 1) consent or 2) a warrant.
    Apr 7, 2017
  10. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @Golden Unicorn Gaming The problem you run into throwing the law at them is that sometimes you run into one that doesn't even know them or care. This was one of those times.

I don't care what drug dealers do, the fact that I choose to deal in cash for 90% of my transactions is not probable cause to search my car at a traffic stop.
    Apr 7, 2017
  11. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    It wasn't but $340 anyway, most in twenties and about twenty ones.
    Apr 7, 2017
  12. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    And did he tell you that was the reason for the stop, or are you assuming that? If you didn't ask afterward it's your fault. If he didn't give you an answer then he's bogish and you need to file a complaint. Like I said above, $340 ain't nothing. I do nearly all cash as well.
    Apr 7, 2017
  13. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Don't be afraid to challenge (RESPECTFULLY) a cop after the incident is over. Odds are 99pct of the time they are doing right and are willing to explain exactly what was going on. It would require me hundreds of posts to explain the multitude of things you have in your car as a citizen that could trigger a cop to search that an average citizen is totally unaware of.
    Apr 7, 2017
  14. Dalph
    Dalph
    Police full of crap as always. Once they stopped me for no reason at all and made me waste so much time (I wasn't even driving) asking for my documents and where I live. They thought I was a foreigner and illegal too.
    Apr 9, 2017
    Susan and Vance Raehart like this.
  15. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    He commented on the money right before making me criminal sidle to the hood of my rental car so he could safely disarm me and search my car, and gave no other reason.

Car was a rented minivan with two carseats in the back, can't think of anything in it that would be suspicious for a cop on a bust. He was young and arrogant and wouldn't back down, so he wasted my time and found nothing.
    Apr 10, 2017