RPG Maker Forums

TriceratopsX
TriceratopsX
Cash huh? Sounds suspicious, where were you heading with all that cash? But seriously? That's kind of weird your car was searched.
taarna23
taarna23
<tinfoil hat> Cops are in the pockets of the credit card companies! </tinfoil hat>
Kudaaj330
Kudaaj330
Depends on the amount of money. If it is a larger sum, they have a right to investigate as it is natural for dealers to carry a lot on them, which gives them the suspicions. - It's a thing, and it's legal.
Vance Raehart
Vance Raehart
damn pigs...
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
@Kudaaj330 It would have to be a ridiculous amount of money and you'd need additional circumstances. For instance, if you were pulling someone over in a high drug area, low income neighborhood, and he pulled a wad of thousands of dollars and they were all 5s and 10s, and you asked him about the money and he was unable to provide consistent answers... THEN that makes sense.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
But just having 500 bucks or something is NOT enough reason to search a vehicle. Alexander, did you ask the cop what it was all about?
Kudaaj330
Kudaaj330
Now that I think about it, it's actually as simple as "if they have ANY suspicions in general." they can do a search. o.o (Odour from vehicle, watched you struggle to hide something, threw something out the window, etc.) Otherwise they need your consent. OR a permit.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
They have to establish probable cause. The odor of cannabis is probable cause. Furtive movement alone is NOT probable cause... the cop would also have to articulate danger or the concealment of evidence of a crime. Throwing something out the window is probable cause to detain just like odor of cannabis.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
A in order to search a vehicle a cop needs 1) probable cause or 2) he needs to articulate that he feels threatened. Without those, he needs 1) consent or 2) a warrant.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
@Golden Unicorn Gaming The problem you run into throwing the law at them is that sometimes you run into one that doesn't even know them or care. This was one of those times.

I don't care what drug dealers do, the fact that I choose to deal in cash for 90% of my transactions is not probable cause to search my car at a traffic stop.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
It wasn't but $340 anyway, most in twenties and about twenty ones.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
And did he tell you that was the reason for the stop, or are you assuming that? If you didn't ask afterward it's your fault. If he didn't give you an answer then he's bogish and you need to file a complaint. Like I said above, $340 ain't nothing. I do nearly all cash as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shivamgiri