Comments on Profile Post by Iliketea

1. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Isn't it great?! :D
    Apr 7, 2017
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    Sounds like you overdid it. Consistency is way more important than how long and hard you go at it. There's a few things you can do to help yourself recover quickly but most need to be done right after exercise. All you can do now is to keep your muscles from being too tight. Stretches, massages, plenty of water, and direct heat on the sore muscles help.
    Apr 7, 2017
    Iliketea likes this.
  3. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    I tend to chase that soreness. It isn't necessary really, to get a good tear, but it lets me know I've challenged the body in a way it wasn't used to. Glutamine is excellent for recovery, as well, if it gets too bad. I agree with Sharm about consistency though. And diet. The gym is the easy part compared to eating properly.
    Apr 7, 2017
  4. Iliketea
    Iliketea
    That was the first time in over 4 years I did sport XD And yeah i overdid it. It was a workshop thingy, a whole group.
    I wanted to go with a friend but she didnt show up X(
    Apr 7, 2017
    Gabrelik likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    Next time you exercise you can add a few things to the end that I've found helpful. Of course, properly stretching makes a huge difference, but I've also had good results from drinking a glass of chocolate milk, it's apparently just the right balance of sugars and protein to help you recover and build muscle.
    Apr 7, 2017
    Iliketea likes this.
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    I've also found that rinsing off right away helps me not be quite so tired and come down easier, but that may be a quirk of my health condition.
    Apr 7, 2017
    Iliketea likes this.
  7. Iliketea
    Iliketea
    I will try that out next time :D
    The chocolate milk thing is new, but now I have a good excuse to drink it XD
    Apr 7, 2017
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    I mostly just like the excuse myself, but I've noticed it actually does make a difference in how quickly I improved.
    Apr 7, 2017