Comments on Profile Post by IAmJakeSauvage

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Been working on your own project?
    Apr 30, 2017
  2. IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    Of course! I was able to get some selection systems sorted out (class/character) and I was able to tinker with a battle HUD that fits the aesthetic of my project. Stoked!
    Apr 30, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Ha-ha! I've been working on a character selection system, too. Mine uses pictures, so the eventing takes a fair amount of work; I think it's worth it, though.

Do you have a project thread?
    Apr 30, 2017
  4. IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    Apr 30, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Your game is looking great! I'll be sure to check your Tumblr for future updates, then.

Yeah, you can do so much with eventing. You've just got to put effort into it - because complex systems will require pages upon pages of eventing. I love eventing things, though. :)
    Apr 30, 2017
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Apr 30, 2017
  7. IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    The green fog is a part of the parallax image - and I have small pieces of fog (the darker pieces) that are 48x48 and animated. :3
    Apr 30, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    Apr 30, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, variables can be used for a lot of things, rather than using individual switches. I try to event as much as I can before searching for plug-ins; especially since my project doesn't use the default menus and interfaces.

Thanks for the lil' tips on the fog. That'll really come in handy when I attempt to make my own fog covered streets and wastelands. :D
    Apr 30, 2017