Comments on Profile Post by Tea's Jams

1. Tea's Jams
    May 18, 2017
    Tatsumaro likes this.
  2. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Free if you give credit, for individuals and small business. (10 employees or less)
    May 18, 2017
    Tatsumaro likes this.
  3. Kyoku
    Kyoku
    Nice! I just hope it isn't like... too similar to certain music and that's where it's getting these ideas from... or maybe I'm just being too careful!
    May 18, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    You could give this a posting in the useful development tools forum - more people would find it, there!
    May 18, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  5. Kyoku
    Kyoku
    Yeah! Cuz this is like... awesome! Especially for those who can't write music, but still want to be unique!
    May 18, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  6. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Good idea. Will do!
    May 18, 2017
  7. Tea's Jams
  8. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    @Kyoku if you read their terms of use it says they will protect you in the event a copyright infringement accusation occurs, at their cost. (At least that's how I read it)
    May 18, 2017
  9. Kyoku
    Kyoku
    That's good! I dunno, I guess I'm always the type to not want to have ANY chance of copying and stuff...
    May 18, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  10. UNphiltered_khaos
    May 18, 2017
  11. taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, if you're properly using a license for their music, it's still their music. Defending their copyright is actually on them. For concerns on using this music, it's simple. Use it for free, give credit, don't redistribute. Use it for 99 cents, credit not needed, don't redistribute. Use it for $200, it's yours forever to do what you wish with. I think the pricing on that last one is bonkers, personally.
    May 18, 2017
  12. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    @taarna23 I agree, good thing I don't mind giving credit! I guess if your game took off and became classic material, you might want to buy the rights, but I can't see any other good reason to buy it at that price. (I don't know if they would sell the rights retroactively either, so the point may be moot)
    May 19, 2017
  13. taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, I dunno either. For something generated, I was expecting licensing at around $40, not five times that. I get that the code for this is probably some Lovecraftian horror, but it only has to be done once, and upkept. It's not like someone is manually making music each time I hit go.
    May 19, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  14. taarna23
    taarna23
    Okay, I just gave the download a go, and then tried again with the same track - you get presented with the same options so it looks like yes, you can go back and buy out the song at a later point.
    May 19, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  15. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Cool, thanks for checking that out.
    May 19, 2017