Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Amnell

1. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ...every single time some horrible tragedy comes of it. I feel like far to often these days comfort and convenience trumps common-sense safety to the point that gross negligence is now just treated as a part of being victimized rather than an instigating factor.
    May 19, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I think common sense died years ago. How else did we end up in a world ruled by unstable emotions and hurt feelings? It's everyone else's fault!
    May 19, 2017
    Alexander Amnell likes this.
  3. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Sense certainly isn't common anymore but have we lost all our senses of natural sustainability completely? I just truly cannot understand how anyone can be so callow about protecting their own children.
    May 19, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    "It's fine; my parents left me in the car all the time!" Yeah, okay, but welcome to the age where keys are required to roll down the dayum windows. Also, you weren't an infant at the time! *facepalm*
    May 19, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Unfortunately now there are also rising cases of "I had to leave the keys in the car" being the parents' excuse while filling an amber alert for their kid that's trapped in a carjacked vehicle. Yeah it can be inconvenient bringing all the kids into the store with you but a lot of being a decent parent is like that.
    May 19, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It's funny when parents declare that: interacting with their children, taking them with them, watching over them, and generally doing mummy\daddy things, is a burden. Makes you wonder why they had kids to begin with.
    May 19, 2017
  7. mlogan
    mlogan
    I still don't feel comfortable leaving my 8 & 11 year olds in the car.
    May 19, 2017
  8. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @The Stranger Kids can be a huge burden, that's what all responsibilities are when you boil them down. That's life though, not a reason to repudiate responsibility.

@mlogan I don't either, my oldest has babysat her middle sister a couple of times already but I still won't leave her in the car without an adult.
    May 19, 2017
    The Stranger and mlogan like this.