Comments on Profile Post by Jiffy

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    I have but don't currently. Too many of my most used programs are windows only.
    May 26, 2017
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    I've used it, but realistically... if you game at all, it's highly likely to be not worth it. Many games will either not be playable or a real pin in the rear to get set up to be playable, and even then, you'll face a performance hit because you're basically running them in a Windows emulator.
    May 26, 2017
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    I used to double boot win10 with ubuntu on my laptop... I had assigned 80 GB to it... And it was too much. There's no real use for ubuntu other than being an office software. It's not that linux is bad, but ubuntu is... Not a great choice, really.
    May 26, 2017
  4. Sarlecc
    Sarlecc
    I currently use Ubuntu (and have used Debian for the same purpose) on/as a virtual server for a project I have made for RPGmaker MV. Other then that I don't really use Linux.
    May 26, 2017
  5. Jiffy
    Jiffy
    @taarna23 You have a point on the gaming thing. I guess i'll just suck it up and deal with Windows 10 lol
    May 27, 2017
  6. taarna23
    taarna23
    Windows 10 is not all bad. The spy-ish parts of it can be turned off, and the rest of the information it sends out are things like automated bug reports, crash reports and compatibility issues. Google up O&O Shut Up 10 and it will even automate turning off the spy-ish stuff. Just apply the recommended settings. Run the program again whenever updates occur.
    May 27, 2017
    Jiffy likes this.