Comments on Profile Post by Kino

1. KayZaman
    KayZaman
    Heh?
    Jul 12, 2017
  2. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    What seems to be the problem? Seems like you're wanting to upload a lot of data it you're trying put and post.
    Jul 13, 2017
  3. Kino
    Kino
    Not so much; I was trying it out with regular text files, small ones. But those requests don't work but get does.
    Jul 13, 2017
  4. Kino
    Kino
    I do think I understand why that's the case push and post although good, if I think about it outside MV -- it'd be referring to someone else's server I guess?
    Jul 13, 2017
  5. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Yeah, the server you're sending the request to needs to be setup to respond to their requests. The most common ones are going to be GET and POST, but PUT is designed to upload/update information, as I recall, whereas POST is a more generic, large amount of information request. GET is limited to the maximum length of a URL, which isn't usually all that long, as I recall.
    Jul 13, 2017
    Kino likes this.
  6. Kino
    Kino
    Alright; that means I'll just have to change the implementation. Not messing with any more of that stuff for now. Thanks for the information @Zalerinian
    Jul 13, 2017
  7. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    No problem. What are you trying to send data to, if I may ask?
    Jul 13, 2017
  8. Kino
    Kino
    I was simply trying to push data back to a file in the game folder. But, that didn't work out so well. I was trying to simulate what it would be like on the web. But looks like I should figure out a better way to store stuff on the web.
    Jul 13, 2017
  9. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Does it have to be a file that the webserver has access to? By default, all files are stored in the brower's local data, so save files stay on the device that the game is played on. If you want it to be done via a file, then POST would probably be the way to go. If you're trying to submit the data to a PHP file, then it'd be real easy to do that.
    Jul 13, 2017
  10. Kino
    Kino
    Well, it was going to be just basic JSON files, but I might just use the local storage instead. The idea was to unlock the ability to deal with files on the web for RMMV. But I think using the local storage would be easier. But you definitely can't have files that go over the local storage limit in that case.
    Jul 13, 2017
  11. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    That's true. But if you want to send files over the internet to be stored on the server, a simple PHP script can manage what you want to handle the post request. If you'd like, I can make a sample page to show you that accepts a POST request. I'd probably just make it re-display the request's body for example sake.
    Jul 13, 2017
  12. Kino
    Kino
    That'd be nice I could use that information for future projects. Maybe I can make something like this work.
    Jul 13, 2017