RPG Maker Forums

KayZaman
KayZaman
Heh?
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
What seems to be the problem? Seems like you're wanting to upload a lot of data it you're trying put and post.
Kino
Kino
Not so much; I was trying it out with regular text files, small ones. But those requests don't work but get does.
Kino
Kino
I do think I understand why that's the case push and post although good, if I think about it outside MV -- it'd be referring to someone else's server I guess?
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Yeah, the server you're sending the request to needs to be setup to respond to their requests. The most common ones are going to be GET and POST, but PUT is designed to upload/update information, as I recall, whereas POST is a more generic, large amount of information request. GET is limited to the maximum length of a URL, which isn't usually all that long, as I recall.
Reactions: Kino
Kino
Kino
Alright; that means I'll just have to change the implementation. Not messing with any more of that stuff for now. Thanks for the information @Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
No problem. What are you trying to send data to, if I may ask?
Kino
Kino
I was simply trying to push data back to a file in the game folder. But, that didn't work out so well. I was trying to simulate what it would be like on the web. But looks like I should figure out a better way to store stuff on the web.
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Does it have to be a file that the webserver has access to? By default, all files are stored in the brower's local data, so save files stay on the device that the game is played on. If you want it to be done via a file, then POST would probably be the way to go. If you're trying to submit the data to a PHP file, then it'd be real easy to do that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
Procrastination at it's finest.
annnnd after 2 days lol... and I still feel I need to work out a few kinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterjohn