RPG Maker Forums

Domin0e
Domin0e
Travel time between towns? Hard to say, as it depends on how you'Re travelling (by foot, carriage, horse, etc.), how you define a town (all settlements, settlements with certain criteria (marketplaces and walls were irl) and tons of other variables. I would say about half a day to a day by foot. From one CITY (read: Large, important tradehubs, etc) to another although, you had to travel a few days or even a week. There were towns and other settlements on those routes, though. ;)
Robin
Robin
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean literal travel time for the player in an RPG walking between two towns.
Cozzer
Cozzer
Well, if nothing interesting is going to happen during the travel, I'd say zero seconds. °°
Cozzer
Cozzer
I mean: if there's nothing on the road, you can just pop a message like "And so, after 3 weeks, the characters arrived to SomeCity..."
Robin
Robin
I guess I'm still being unclear. In many RPGs, characters travel between towns. They physically walk there, facing monsters etc. That's what I'm talking about.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...
Long time since last post but still here, still working on games. Hope everyone has been well.
Stream will be live shortly with a half-stream of Donkey Kong 64! Due to how late the TA started last stream, the second half will be the Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by
I found a rat in my grain barrel this morning. I've seen lots of mice in there, but this is the first time I've seen a full-blown rat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaz_D3mon