Comments on Profile Post by Jonforum

1. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Honestly, I think it was about time. It was a buggy, vulnerable standard that should have been done away with much sooner, but HTML5 was just not a thing back then. Glad it's being phased out.
    Jul 27, 2017
    Jonforum likes this.
  2. evmaster
    evmaster
    Wait. Is this related to Flash action script stuff? If so, what happens to them on the internet? People make games with that stuff.
    Jul 27, 2017
  3. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    The reason Flash is being phased out in 2020 instead of now is to allow people to migrate any proprietary things made in Flash to HTML5 and it's related technologies. Anything Flash related will still work, but no longer receive updates and thus be taken down due to security and vulnerability risks. So, don't count on them working forever.
    Jul 27, 2017
  4. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    On top of that, the major browser developers will probably block the Flash plugin after it's EOL date because of said security risks. In essence, Flash content on the web will probably cease working when they EOL it.
    Jul 27, 2017
  5. evmaster
    evmaster
    What about Crunchyroll and stuff? I just got a trial but they are wanting me to download Flash and I'm hesitant. Thoughts?
    Jul 27, 2017
  6. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    It's three years until they EOL it. They'll end up making the switch eventually.
    Jul 27, 2017