Comments on Profile Post by Skunk

1. Nutty171
    Nutty171
    I guess that really depends on your battle system. But in general, I would say a balance between both. Because if it's too much pure power, that encourages grinding if it's too early in the game. And you don't want to give off the wrong message early in the game by encouraging grinding. Just my two cents. :D
    Jul 30, 2017
    Skunk likes this.
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    First boss? A little of both. Make a predictable pattern with a mitigatable stronger attack. Train your players to get used to thinking about how they handle battles, but do it slowly! Be sneaky and most people won't even know they're learning. ;)
    Jul 30, 2017
    Skunk and Marsigne like this.
  3. Skunk
    Skunk
    Oh those are good suggestions, thanks dudes/dudettes :)
    Jul 30, 2017
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    When I got unsure about things like this, I think of games I enjoyed playing, and sometimes go back and play them to see how things were handled there.
    Jul 30, 2017
    Skunk likes this.
  5. Skunk
    Skunk
    Thats exactly what im kind of doing, the only issue I am having is I am not a gamer at heart, im a story teller so in all honesty.. The only games I know and love are FF, chrono trigger, dragon quest and zelda lol
    And pokemon obviously lol
    Ive been learning a lot from watching driftys videos of him playing and critiquing battle systems
    Jul 30, 2017
  6. CleanWater
    CleanWater
    I think that a mix of both is the best, but start with pure power in the early game stages, it's more easier for players to deal with until they get the hang of your game.
    Jul 30, 2017
  7. Skunk
    Skunk
    Duly noted, and believe me I am listening with all ears lol
    I have the battle system pretty well balanced, now im just onto technique and seeing what kinds of things will work with eachother and what won't.
    Im all exxxiited!!!!
    Jul 30, 2017