Comments on Profile Post by Shaz

1. Shaz
    Shaz
    They'd better call us heroes if we make it!
    Aug 18, 2017
    Marquise* and Artificer like this.
  2. taarna23
    taarna23
    That's the hope, but the reality is usually that they set an even more ridiculous deadline next time, after which it's time to start replying in your best Scotty (Star Trek) imitation.
    Aug 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  3. Kes
    Kes
    Been there, done that, taarna23's right. It comes down to the question - what would happen if the deadline wasn't met (other than wounded professional pride)? Would the sky really fall in? If you make very clear at the beginning that the deadline is unrealistic, and then it is not met, you've done your bit.
    Aug 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  4. Artificer
    Artificer
    I believe you can do it! the coffee is a powerful ally!
    Aug 18, 2017
  5. Shaz
    Shaz
    Unfortunately, this project is to implement something to stop us from breaching new government guidelines. So there's push from the highest level of the organisation. But there was a "plan B" that could tide us over if we don't make it in time.
    Aug 18, 2017
  6. Shaz
    Shaz
    This is the first project where I've done all the analysis and specification and led the development team. If we pull it off by the ridiculously imposed deadline, when we initially said it'd take a month longer, and the imposers of said deadline don't think we'll make it, that'll be an awesome first step towards a promotion.
    Aug 18, 2017
  7. evmaster
    evmaster
    I'm rooting for you!
    Aug 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  8. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Maybe I'm weird, but I'd thrive under that sort of pressure. Even at my job, they sometimes "put me under the gun" with a huge time limit like that. I work harder and smarter like that. Not sure how or why. Anyway, I hope you do too! I hope you do your best work under pressure! GOOD LUCK! I'm pullin' for ya!
    Aug 18, 2017
    Shaz, Marquise* and Tea's Jams like this.
  9. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Sorry I am late but I do hope it is done by now!
    Aug 27, 2017
  10. Shaz
    Shaz
    Not done, but it'll be done in time. User testing finished on Thursday with a go-ahead, and our system testing finished on Friday. Now it's just code reviews and wait for the official approval to implement.
    Aug 27, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  11. Shaz
    Shaz
    Thursday will be implement day, and Friday is when the changes will become effective. We don't want to surprise people by putting them in early :) But yes, it is celebration-worthy!
    Aug 27, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  12. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Well prepare for ice cream :D
    Aug 27, 2017
    Shaz likes this.
  13. Shaz
    Shaz
    Cake, actually ... and it's just gone into the oven!
    Aug 27, 2017
    Artificer, Marquise* and taarna23 like this.
  14. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *thinks of ice cream cake* Yum! and ack I forgot how to cook what fell on my mind!
    Aug 27, 2017
    Shaz likes this.