RPG Maker Forums

overlordmikey
overlordmikey
game you made over ten years ago on the PS1's RPG Maker needs a lot of work and is also very offensive.
Poryg
Poryg
I wouldn't take a review on my game I created 10 years ago in PS1's RM seriously. Because it's not like I'm gonna update a game I made 10 years ago when I have already ceased development of it...But I agree complaining about such a review is crossing the line.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
My brother and I were going through and old game of our aunt's - partly at her request - to see if it could be remade on RPG Maker MV and what would need to be improved/fixed.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
What we found was a broken mess filled with homophobia (oh forgive me "Anti-PC humor") and a complete lack of understanding about even the most basic programming.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
She kept going on about how it was a comedy, but it lacked any character or real jokes (one of the "jokes" is just gay guy gets punch for no reason...)
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
After getting over my horror (being a gay man watching her make fun of the idea of gay men being beaten to death) which I brought up here before
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
We decided maybe she really doesn't realized how bad this was - it was years ago. So we went through with the original plan. Tell her what's wrong with it... she didn't take it well...
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
There is a point in the first (yes it had two games) where yer told to talk to the elder by and NPC, but what unlocks the next area is a random unimportant nondescript NPC.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
The elder literally does nothin in the game... a similiar thing happens later where you don't have to talk to the important NPC yer told to talk to - just some random person.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
Despite telling all of this (and more) she thinks her games are masterpieces and we're being unfair and cruel.
She is more than twice either of our ages. It's really sad.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
Although hearing someone whine about you being offended when they claim they set out to offend is... interesting (if not surprisingly common) to say the least.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, that woman simply has a distorted view, so I wouldn't bother with that. I just pray she doesn't want to create another projects like that... If I encounter a bad project, I am completely ruthless.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

you know, since learning C [;)] I've grown to love VC and OpenGL :D
Welp. Just updated the biplane sprite-sheet with the missing "North" and "South" positions. Really digging the old 1920's aircraft designs as of late. Shame they're not in "vogue" anymore. They had style. I wasn't planning on making an Air Mail-centric game but now it is getting awful tempting.
animation-example.gif
ScreenShot_5_15_2022_4_23_30.png

found out the names of all the window's used in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath plugin and came up with some designs for them.
Work on yo games humans! No excuses!
Finally working on a real title graphic! Here we are at an early stage:
titledemo.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeyMikeF78