Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Stop! You violated the forum rules. Pay the moderators a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen upvotes are now forfeit.
    Sep 5, 2017
    Poryg likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Resist arrest

Btw. Looks like I didn't go against the rules :D I posted only two posts in last 24 hours, thought it were 3 (well, I deleted one post today) :D
    Sep 5, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Then pay with an account ban! *Oblivion battle music plays*

Ah! I see. Hoping to give yourself more updates per day by exploiting a status update glitch, eh? :p
    Sep 5, 2017
    Poryg likes this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    I wouldn't say glitch, instead a loophole in forum rules one could say :D However not really, this status update was completely unprecedented and unplanned. I just wanted to make a PIXI text tutorial and well, the video recorder screwed me over big time... Cost me 30 bucks as a bonus :(
    Sep 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, after whole day I was able to make the video tutorial... And both the length and the quality makes me laugh :D
    But well, the only thing left is wait for the tutorial to get approved.
    Sep 6, 2017
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Hey! A tutorial is a tutorial; it's the quality that counts. If you help even a single person, then your tutorial has worked.
    Sep 6, 2017
    Poryg likes this.
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, see for yourself :D
    Sep 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    the worst thing was that my last recording lost sound after just 2 seconds, so I had to completely fill it with my soundtracks... But well, since I couldn't listen to it, because the lag wouldn't allow me to hear the music, it came out totally bad :D I will need a better machine.
    Sep 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I like it, and I learnt something new. I never knew about Pixi text. So, can you use Pixi text to create all dialogue?

The only bad thing about your tutorial is how quickly you go through it; I feel you could wait a little longer on each section before moving on. Other than that, it's really good.
    Sep 6, 2017
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, when I made the video, I figured it was too fast... I'll make it longer next time.
    And yes, you can make lots of things, not just dialogues. Since PIXI.Text is a function, you can print variables and other stuff, even items in your inventory if you know how, so you can make a custom menu pretty neatly. Should have made that too, looking back.
    Sep 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  11. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That sounds pretty dayum awesome. It's definitely something I, and many others, would like to know more about. You could make a whole series of videos teaching people how to use PIXI.Text so they don't have to use those generic default text boxes.
    Sep 6, 2017
    Poryg likes this.
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    Good idea. This video covers how to play with text visually, next one could be how to play with text practically. I also want to create videos about custom ABS systems, because it is actually simpler to event an action battle system than to use a plugin for it.
    Sep 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    The only downside to it is that people are lazy and these are no plug and play plugin, this is hardcoding at its' finest :D And even the fact that I will probably continue in screenshots in "credits" won't change it :)
    Sep 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    Alright, before the tutorial gets published, I went on to edit the video. Increased the length of the screens by 1.5-2 seconds (except for credits). Hopefully it will be enough, but I'll see when the video gets finished :)
    Sep 7, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    if you wish to check it out.
    Sep 7, 2017
    The Stranger and starlight dream like this.
  16. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Poryg Found your vid!! :D I wish there was a Love button instead of Like. The tutorial was fun and interesting. Love your sense of humor. I felt no pity for the kitty, just laughed over her Tragedy! :p
    I hope you'll make more.
    Sep 7, 2017
    Marsigne, Poryg and The Stranger like this.
  17. Poryg
    Poryg
    :D Well, the kitty has a very complicated life, she's being forced to some weird things about which I have no real knowledge, but heard it's a forced betrothal to some old, but rich cat. She often tends to run away and the girl can often be found crying under the trees in local park while taking a break in her search.
    Sep 7, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.