RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Stop! You violated the forum rules. Pay the moderators a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen upvotes are now forfeit.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
Resist arrest

Btw. Looks like I didn't go against the rules :D I posted only two posts in last 24 hours, thought it were 3 (well, I deleted one post today) :D
The Stranger
The Stranger
Then pay with an account ban! *Oblivion battle music plays*

Ah! I see. Hoping to give yourself more updates per day by exploiting a status update glitch, eh? :p
Poryg
Poryg
I wouldn't say glitch, instead a loophole in forum rules one could say :D However not really, this status update was completely unprecedented and unplanned. I just wanted to make a PIXI text tutorial and well, the video recorder screwed me over big time... Cost me 30 bucks as a bonus :(
Poryg
Poryg
Well, after whole day I was able to make the video tutorial... And both the length and the quality makes me laugh :D
But well, the only thing left is wait for the tutorial to get approved.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Hey! A tutorial is a tutorial; it's the quality that counts. If you help even a single person, then your tutorial has worked.
Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
the worst thing was that my last recording lost sound after just 2 seconds, so I had to completely fill it with my soundtracks... But well, since I couldn't listen to it, because the lag wouldn't allow me to hear the music, it came out totally bad :D I will need a better machine.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I like it, and I learnt something new. I never knew about Pixi text. So, can you use Pixi text to create all dialogue?

The only bad thing about your tutorial is how quickly you go through it; I feel you could wait a little longer on each section before moving on. Other than that, it's really good.
Poryg
Poryg
Yeah, when I made the video, I figured it was too fast... I'll make it longer next time.
And yes, you can make lots of things, not just dialogues. Since PIXI.Text is a function, you can print variables and other stuff, even items in your inventory if you know how, so you can make a custom menu pretty neatly. Should have made that too, looking back.
The Stranger
The Stranger
That sounds pretty damn awesome. It's definitely something I, and many others, would like to know more about. You could make a whole series of videos teaching people how to use PIXI.Text so they don't have to use those generic default text boxes.
Poryg
Poryg
Good idea. This video covers how to play with text visually, next one could be how to play with text practically. I also want to create videos about custom ABS systems, because it is actually simpler to event an action battle system than to use a plugin for it.
Poryg
Poryg
The only downside to it is that people are lazy and these are no plug and play plugin, this is hardcoding at its' finest :D And even the fact that I will probably continue in screenshots in "credits" won't change it :)
Poryg
Poryg
Alright, before the tutorial gets published, I went on to edit the video. Increased the length of the screens by 1.5-2 seconds (except for credits). Hopefully it will be enough, but I'll see when the video gets finished :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemiRemi