RPG Maker Forums

OfficialBoiiste
OfficialBoiiste
If every porkchop were perfect...
Poryg
Poryg
But programming is perfect in the sense that it does what it should, as long as it's correct... However, the PIXI.Sprites often take some weird measures to get to work, don't know why is that.
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Well what is your server trying to do? Pixi Sprites use images stored on the GPU, so if something's getting messy and random, then perhaps you're low on VRAM, or you're not properly loading textures into VRAM. There are so many ways to break rendering, that it's really hard to give suggestions here.

EDIT: I am assuming you're testing in WebGL. Is this behavior consistent when running in canvas mode?
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
I am trying to make an animated sprite. First I had issues with the resources being loaded properly, but the sprite itself having width and height 1. Then I had some nonexustent errors (I solved it by erasing a couple of empty lines). Now I have problems with PIXI.loader loading resources, but not a texture from them.
Poryg
Poryg
Also, lack of VRam is not the issue, because the server is fresh. GPU memory usage is 4/512 MB. On Canvas and WebGL this issue still persist, the loader doesn't generate texture, although it should do it automatically.
Poryg
Poryg
Fun fact, if I use Texture.fromImage, then PIXI creates the texture, but sprite still has no dimensions. If I use PIXI.loader and PIXI.Texture.fromImage, then it complains about double entry, but the result is usually the same, even though this time the resources are 100% loaded.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aerobesk