Comments on Profile Post by Sharm

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Sep 29, 2017
    starlight dream and Faherya like this.
  2. Plueschkatze
    Plueschkatze
    Nah! You'll make it! I have no doubt about that. Looks great so far! =3 Go go go!
    Sep 29, 2017
    Sharm likes this.
  3. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Finish it! Finish it!
    Sep 29, 2017
  4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Git 'er done!
    Sep 29, 2017
  5. Archeia
    Archeia
    Finish it!
    Sep 29, 2017
  6. taarna23
    taarna23
    Lots of Sharm art?! We'll wait! :3
    Sep 29, 2017
    Sharm likes this.
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    I'm chipping away at it, a little every day. It's just so huge. RTP replacement is so much more work than it seems, and I'm only trying to replace the equivalent of the 2k/3 RTP, which wasn't all that big in comparison to the later stuff.
    Sep 29, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    Thanks for the support everyone. :D I needed the boost.
    Sep 29, 2017
  9. Hudell
    Hudell
    "Look at this monster" -> I thought it was gonna be a monster sprite.
    Sep 29, 2017
  10. Sharm
    Sharm
    Sorry for the bait and switch. At first I was going to do battle backs and monsters and so on too, do the full RTP replacement, but I quickly realized that it was way too much for one pack.
    Sep 29, 2017
    starlight dream and Hudell like this.
  11. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    *applause* I wish I had more monsters like that in my image creation folders!
    It looks fantastic actually ^.^b (nice furniture btw) and you've done so much already. Do you only need to fill the blank areas, or will you start other sheets too?
    Will this be a 2k3 pack?
    Sep 29, 2017
    Marsigne likes this.
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    It's mostly filling in gaps, but it needs more sheets too. Thankfully that should only be for event animations so it's less work than a B sheet. But every time I think I've quantified it I find more stuff that must be included.
    Sep 29, 2017
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    The pack will have 2k3 and Ace tiles, some of it ending up being different in each due to format and me not wanting to figure out how to fit all that Ace stuff into 2k3's sheet limits or more rarely, the other way around.
    Sep 29, 2017
  14. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    16x16 is pretty small for tiles, but I guess each size has its ups and downs. Good luck with your work Sharm, and take care of yourself too.
    Sep 29, 2017
    Marsigne likes this.
  15. Sharm
    Sharm
    Actually as far as I've been able to tell, it's the most common tileset size in classic games. It all depends on how it's used. I like both 16x16 and 32x32 for different reasons, but I haven't found the smaller size to be too limiting and it's looking good.
    Sep 29, 2017
  16. Sharm
    Sharm
    One of the good things about 16x16 is that I can scale it for MV with no trouble. Can't do that with 32x32. I've been considering trying out 24x24 specifically for MV but it's such an awkward size and I wouldn't have use for it anywhere else.
    Sep 29, 2017
  17. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I'm currently creating some 16x16 and I like it, but it's the only size I've tried so I can't compare.
    Since you're creative you can adapt & find new ideas for whatever size though. ^^ And then of course, having too many ideas is another monster to tame. ;p
    Sep 29, 2017
    Marsigne likes this.
  18. Sharm
    Sharm
    That's a good size to start out with, both for experience and making lots of your ideas. My adaptability has more to do with experience and willingness to fail than anything else, I think.
    Sep 29, 2017
  19. Sharm
    Sharm
    New ideas is definitely a tough monster to tame. I've been gotten a few times on this project. I have the beginnings of a hand drawn set going because of it, among other things.
    Sep 29, 2017
  20. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    LOL Yeah That monster needs to be caged once in a while. I keep adding more ideas to the list than the ones I remove.
    One more nosy question: Do you design your ideas on paper first or do you draw them directly in the image program? :unsure:
    Sep 29, 2017
    Marsigne likes this.
  21. Sharm
    Sharm
    Directly into the program. Refining an idea is easier with pixels, you can work from your concept sketch without worrying about stuff not erasing all the way and you don't have to add steps to get the idea transferred to where it gets finished.
    Sep 30, 2017
  22. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Thank you very much!! :) I've been doing it directly in the program, but whenever I saw your pixel art, it made me wonder how you did it.
    Sep 30, 2017
    Marsigne likes this.
  23. Sharm
    Sharm
    References, implying and exaggerating, lots of practice and critique and study. I love art in general but there's a special place in my heart for pixel art and there always has been.
    Sep 30, 2017