RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Sometimes you just need a break. As long as you kick back into gear after taking a breather, you should be okay!
Faherya
Faherya
I feel your pain. I've been completely stopped for seven months.
Poryg
Poryg
@taarna23 I actually take more break than work... :D @Faherya Well, I don't think I've ever actually really started...
taarna23
taarna23
Eh, sometimes that's how it goes. I just spent a month dodging my project because I was stuck in it, while simultaneously wallowing in self-pity over things I can't necessarily control. Now that I've shaken that, I'm asking for help where I'm stuck and pushing forward. It's the only direction to go!
Sharm
Sharm
There's a psychological reason for that. Basically, you need time off and your mind will force the issue if you aren't getting enough, but then the guilt will make the time off completely uneffective in your recovery.
Sharm
Sharm
The trick is to take real breaks and not beat yourself up over the stuff you should be doing instead. If you pull it off you'll take way less time to recover.
starlight dream
starlight dream
There's a reason if you can't get started. Lack of motivation comes from something. Maybe you need to rest more or you need to try something new (new stimuli) or you need to have fun. Worries/lack of knowledge about the task you wish to accomplish is demotivating.
starlight dream
starlight dream
If for example you can't get started on making a game, ask yourself what aspect of it you don't know how to do. Is that fear blocking you? And then look for help/info about it. :3
Poryg
Poryg
@starlight dream It is not fear that is blocking me. It is lack of motivation and extreme laziness coming from multiple factors.
starlight dream
starlight dream
I see. Does your motivation shift from low to high or do you find it hard to get motivated at all? I am very lazy myself hehe this is very familiar... ^^
Poryg
Poryg
I am permanently unmotivated with random bursts of sudden motivation, which suddenly disappears few days later, a common problem with me :D
starlight dream
starlight dream
Oh, we should start a club! But, nah, I'm not motivated enough :p Maybe next week?
Poryg
Poryg
Being in love is what motivates me in a longer time scope :D But well, umm... :#
starlight dream
starlight dream
Me too actually :p Love is quite a fuel!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?
Today's patch of Eternal Dreamers is for all the gamblers out there! https://bit.ly/327mu83
i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rykerior