Comments on Profile Post by Sharm

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    I mean, I know why it happened. The same medications are also pain meds and the pain was what was making it so hard to think. Still, it's ironic. Also not useful, I'm going to be sleeping in a minute instead of being able to actually get something done.
    Oct 10, 2017
    The Stranger and starlight dream like this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Not saying I enjoy being in pain, because I don't, but I do love that feeling of relief when pain meds kick in. It's a different sensation from just not being in pain. Maybe it only feels different because you were previously in pain, though. Now I'm just rambling. xD
    Oct 10, 2017
    Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    I agree, it's the same feeling of relief that you get when a loud annoying noise is suddenly shut off. This time was different because the pain wasn't registering consciously. I'm in pain pretty much constantly due to CFS/Fibromyalgia/Status Migrainosus stuff so sometimes I don't even notice certain types of pain.
    Oct 10, 2017
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    How do you cope living in constant pain? :( The closest I've ever got to perpetual pain was suffering from a fissure. However, even with that I eventually found a position in which the pain went away.

Had to look up what Fibromyalgia was, because I've never heard of it before. Just constant pain all over the body, as well as experiencing a greater degree of pain than normal. Horrible stuff.
    Oct 10, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    I have medications that help but it's mostly just surprising what you can handle when you have no choice. I laughed out loud in the theater during Dr. Strange when he said he and pain were old friends. Clearly they were just getting acquainted.
    Oct 10, 2017
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Have you always had it? According to the NHS website, no one's 100% sure what causes it, and it can be triggered by physical or emotional trauma. You're right. When you have no choice you tend to stop complaining about your situation pretty quickly. You're strong for having endured it, though.
    Oct 10, 2017
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I remember the time I was in near constant pain, it felt like I was going mad. Being unable to get comfy, or do simple tasks because the pain keeps distracting you and making you irritated. Not being able to move, stand, sit, or even lie down. I ended up just getting angry with myself.
    Oct 10, 2017
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    I got it after chicken pox when I was 7. Didn't get diagnosed until I was well into my 20's. For the longest time I thought that being exhausted and in pain was normal and I just was handling it badly.
    Oct 10, 2017
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Suffering in eternal pain since the age of 7. :( I feel for you. I hope that this is something we can find better treatments for in the future.
    Oct 10, 2017
  10. Sharm
    Sharm
    I have a really great doctor and she's doing a lot with research. Every little bit discovered helps.
    Oct 10, 2017
    Llareian, Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
  11. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    So you are now immune to sleep? o_O You sure nobody tampered with your medicine?
    Oct 24, 2017
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    Positive, I live alone. I've just been in a lot of pain lately and have insomnia, that tends to keep people awake. It's hard to get a sleep aid that keeps working long term, your body tends to adjust. That's okay, they're mostly for pain anyway and that's still working.
    Oct 26, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  13. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental hugs* Tell your pain that yes, you know you are alive and to now please stop to remind it to you at each instants. :3 (I heard that for some peoples, feeling pain was the only proof that they were alive!)
    Oct 26, 2017
  14. Sharm
    Sharm
    Heh, yeah. There are better ways to prove that.
    Oct 26, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.