RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
Second example is a clever Czech. It's just after elections, so debates are intense. And he said:
"If you could add numbers properly, you'd seen two results.
1. Who elected a party that didn't get through (i.e. didn't get 5% or more votes) elected ANO (the winner)
2. Everybody who didn't go to the elections helped decrease the quora for TOP09 to get through.
Poryg
Poryg
My answer was simple:
"Had you known 7th grade maths, not just 3rd grade one, you'd have known that percentage works the same, doesn't matter if it's 30% from 100 or from a billion. So next time before you say something, try to think about ut a little, doesn't hurt that much."
Then I proceeded to counter his first argument applying the differences between classic predicate logic and fuzzy logic.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Those who use arguments that make no sense are easily countered by that type of arguments too.
A lot of people act as parrots anyway, repeating things they've heard but they can't debate them. Youtube comments come from parrots. ;)
But I've noticed your argumentation skills before. If someone leaves an open loop, they have no chance, you'll use it to tie them up.
Poryg
Poryg
That is my strong side and my weakness at the same time. I am good in finding holes and weaknesses. Pushing people to a weak position through open doors. I am also good in searching both bugs and exploits in a game, because I know where to look (and the fact that most of my bugs come from typos is a proof). However, if you leave no weakness, I don't have a chance. I suck at actual diplomacy :D
starlight dream
starlight dream
LOL It's good you can use it for games too. No mercy against the bugs.
I guess diplomacy requires the opposite: seeing the holes and to pretend they don't exist. And tell the person: Your argument is perfect. I MUST be insane for not liking Hamilton (without it sounding like sarcasm hahaha)
Poryg
Poryg
Diplomacy is not about seeing the opponent's holes. For that is argumentation. It is about your holes and weaknesses, making sure the opponent won't notice them and making sure you won't create any. I'm good in hiding my technical weaknesses, because I phrase my arguments so they can't be attacked... But diplomacy also takes non-verbal communication into account.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Ah I see, I'll never be a diplomat then :p Wearing my emotions on my sleeve. ^^
I've never seen your non-verbal communication so I must believe how you describe yourself. Diplomacy sounds like a lot of work :p
Poryg
Poryg
Well, the most basic diplomacy cases are job applications. You're nervous as hell, but trying to keep a straight face so you won't get devoured by the interviewer. And you try to get that job.
I always nail job interviews. I give clear answers and have no nervousity... But me shutting down all emotions before every interview to not be nervous takes its' toll on both verbal and non-verbal communication...
Poryg
Poryg
While on the internet you only have words, in real life you also have your voice (my tender voice doesn't help), emotions and body language. Due to lacking emotions, my voice is monotonous, body language shows lack of interest and I'm always in a defensive position, because I leave the interviewer lead the interview. I don't even put up a proper fight.
starlight dream
starlight dream
It sounds like you're effective since you do well in interviews^^b So you feel the toll after the interview is over or during?

I suck at interviews :p can't give you any advice on that. xD
Poryg
Poryg
I do well from the technical side, but make no impression, so it's not effective at all :D
starlight dream
starlight dream
Reading your 2nd post..
Maybe you don't put up a fight because you're not that interested in the outcome?? I relate to what you're saying though. Sometimes I don't want to talk because my emotion affects my voice. The worse I feel the worse my voice sounds.
On the internet you are communicative & clever, it's not real life, but it shows you have those skills within you.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, it's true I don't have the motivation... I would do anything as long as it pays decent money (in other words so I have enough money) :D If I was paid for doing nothing, maybe I would do that as well :p (well, not really, I need to talk with people and stuff, otherwise I grow crazy).
starlight dream
starlight dream
If you're paid to do nothing, you can hire someone else for a small fee, to chat with you while you're doing nothing. :p!
Poryg
Poryg
Nice idea. But I can't do 2 things at once properly, I'm not a woman :D
starlight dream
starlight dream
Clarification: I clicked Like because you're not a woman. :p
Poryg
Poryg
So you like I'm not a woman... I'll take this as an attempt to flirt :p
starlight dream
starlight dream
As long as you don't use the lines from the Pickup Lines topic... o_O
Poryg
Poryg
I've built my reputation as a clever and witty guy and you are worried about me using pickup lines like that?
Unfortunately beta males have to be smart about flirting, not stupid :p
starlight dream
starlight dream
Hahaha Once again... can't argue with you! :p
I admit I don't flirt (shocker LOL) which is partly the reason I'm single (only partly). XD Don't waste your good lines on me :D
And isn't it against protocol for Sensei to flirt with students? ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mons10VN