RPG Maker Forums

IAmJakeSauvage
IAmJakeSauvage
Music is one of the most important things for me, personally! I've played a ton of questionable games based on how good their music is.
IAmJakeSauvage
IAmJakeSauvage
For RPGMaker games 'The Princess' Heart' had a really memorable OST - but the gameplay was meh. It was that OST that kept me playing.
Martin_Arcainess
Martin_Arcainess
For me it's up there with one of the most important things. You can really set the mood right if you choice of music is right. Bad music can easily ruin a otherwise good moment in games.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Music is a vital component of any game - this also includes intentionally omitting music for certain scenes. Music helps tell convey the story to the player. It helps elicit emotions, immerse the player in your world, and generally set the scene.
Reactions: Poryg
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I think it has a very strong effect on the scene setup and the mood. Most times we take it for granted and don't even realise how much of an effect it has. It seems to do its magic from the background. So I'd say it's very important.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
Others have already said it :D So I won't repeat them, just will join the camp of those whom the music is important to :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....
If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wsadtg