Comments on Profile Post by Shaz

1. Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    I'm fuming right now. STOP BUFFERING MY ANIME RAAAAAAWRR!!!!
    Nov 13, 2017
  2. Shaz
    Shaz
    I hate that! We have 3 avid computer users in the house, and we all like watching stuff. And we have a crappy internet connection. So I usually have to go find something else to do so the others can watch their streams without buffering. STILL no word from boarding kennels!
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* and Vance Raehart like this.
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    I wouldn't be that patient. I would have called their office more than once by now. Four hours is a huge deal when trying to do a long trip, they should have at least let you know something was going on. I hope they've arrived by now, I just noticed how long ago this was posted.
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  4. Shaz
    Shaz
    We have called them repeatedly and left messages, none of them being returned. We actually got them on the phone twice, once at about 9:30 and again just before 11, and he said both times "she should be on her way". But he never checked and rang back.
    Nov 13, 2017
  5. Shaz
    Shaz
    And no, they've been open again after their "lunch break" (no contact as that's when they take care of the animals) for an hour and a half, and they're still not answering phones.
    Nov 13, 2017
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    Ugh, that's really not good. Is there another place that could take them? I would be really hesitant to let a place like that take care of my pets. (Which I don't have, not a pet person.)
    Nov 13, 2017
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    Around here we'd just leave pets at home and give one of the local teens a key, and have them check the house and feed the pets at least once a day. Oh, but you moved recently, didn't you? That makes it harder when you don't know the neighbors.
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  8. Shaz
    Shaz
    We've booked them in at another place - closer, but more expensive. You know how you have someone for such a long time and they're really good and you don't want to change them? It's like that. But the new place has excellent reviews, so ...
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  9. Shaz
    Shaz
    Also, I'd never leave our pets at home with someone else looking after them. I see way too many "help me find my pet - my friend/neighbour/parents were looking after them and they got away" - our cats would never come to strangers if they got let out. Rather pay for boarding & peace of mind :)
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  10. Shaz
    Shaz
    Finally got onto the guy at the kennels, he was surprised they STILL hadn't been collected. He was at the doctor all afternoon. Seemed surprised that we made other arrangements. They've been really good until now. I'll leave it until after we get home, then will ring him up and find out what's going on.
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  11. Shaz
    Shaz
    I was worried it might be something serious/bad, like his mother having a heart attack or dying or something! Nothing of the sort, apparently. So my anger is justified. I would have felt so bad if I'd been angry and something bad like that had happened.
    Nov 13, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  12. Shaz
    Shaz
    It's really messed us around though - now going a day later, so change of accommodation & change of my visit to our branch up there that was scheduled for tomorrow. And 'cause the accommodation is fully booked for the weekend, we couldn't stay a day longer, so our vacation is cut short :(
    Nov 13, 2017
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    That's awful! I'm so sorry.
    Nov 14, 2017
  14. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Did missed that one. Heard another pet pension story today... *sigh* We HUMANS~! Hope it was resolved well and also the service was better than the pick-up! But I'm so sad for you with the vacations. :(
    Dec 7, 2017
  15. Shaz
    Shaz
    We took our dog to the vet the following week after we got home. They still had a dog in there, brought in on that day we were waiting, from this boarding kennel, that had been attacked by another dog there, and still wasn't well enough to go home a week later. So that's what happened. The kennel owner didn't tell us (we didn't call them), but the vet told us.
    Dec 7, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  16. Shaz
    Shaz
    So dilemma ... we've been using them for years and they've been great. Jack loves going there, the cats, not so much. The new place is more expensive, and they were all very stressed when we came to pick them up. I'd LIKE to stick with the original place, but if safety is going to be an issue ... I suppose it could happen anywhere, but if that was my dog ...
    Dec 7, 2017
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    If your vet is the one that works with them, would he have a better idea of the real conditions there?
    Dec 7, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  18. Sharm
    Sharm
    Either way, them not being honest about any of it is just not okay. I personally wouldn't feel that I could trust them.
    Dec 7, 2017
  19. Shaz
    Shaz
    I really don't think he knew what had happened the last time we spoke. He'd only just walked in minutes before we called. The other person would have taken the dog to that vet because that's where the owners normally take him. Just coincidence that it's the same vet we use. It will be interesting, next time we talk, if we ask him what happened. Might be the deciding factor on whether we go back to them or not.
    Dec 7, 2017
  20. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I can understand... I kinda heard about an accident with a baby today in the kinder-garden and the persons there saying the baby had a friend falling on him but hurt no fright... They got the baby at the hospital and the leg had a fracture!
    Dec 7, 2017
  21. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I can understand about keeping the other patients history private and it taking all their attention as it goes. As long it isn't the story of the little dog in a pen devoured by the really big vicious ones!
    Dec 7, 2017
  22. Shaz
    Shaz
    That's my concern - if both dogs were owned by the same people and they're usually together, that's one thing and not the fault of the kennels. But if they're putting dogs together that don't know each other (they usually have a large recreation yard), then I'm concerned about that, because our dog is old and not aggressive at all, and would definitely come off second best against an aggressive dog.
    Dec 7, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  23. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I quite understand. I got my scaredy MrCat vaccinated today and the person who helps with my vet bills was kinda afraid humans touched her small dog but not put her small dog nose to nose to giant ones. Because she would not like to be responsible if "something" happened. I have a hide of scars and... Can handle dogs. ^_^; It is hard to tell who or what to watch these days.
    Dec 9, 2017
    Shaz likes this.