Comments on Profile Post by nio kasgami

1. Joy Diamond
    Joy Diamond
    Once Visual Novel assets appear in RPG Maker MV ... I think it will be a game changer (especially if we use the VSN engine to animate them in RMMV engine!)
    Nov 18, 2017
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    I agree, Nio. As long as it's not game specific scenes though, I think we'll be the better for it. Most of them could also be used in RPGs.

I don't know, Joy, a lot of VN things are already possible in RM, it was the lack of assets that's been most of what's holding people back. Animation is a very difficult skill, even when using bones and morphing meshes to cut down on the drawing requirements.
    Nov 18, 2017
  3. Joy Diamond
    Joy Diamond
    But VN has blinking and small movements. Grab those & whenever you talk to a Person instead of the current menu and the NPC does not talk, it will blink & do small movements. Major improvement
    Nov 18, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yep, I know of a few ways to add that type of animation in MV, and I can't even code. There are a lot of things that VNM can do that RM can't but basic animation isn't one of them. A lot of the cool art things VNM offers can't be transferred into RM.
    Nov 18, 2017
  5. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    yeah haha
    Nov 18, 2017