Comments on Profile Post by The Mighty Palm

1. Llareian
    Llareian
    Short answer, without getting into a religious discussion, which we're not supposed to have: it depends greatly on the type of Baptist association and their beliefs.

But I love the question! :D
    Nov 18, 2017
  2. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Doesn't have to get religious. It's just a question of "if vampires are weak to holy, then does all holy substances work or does it need to be specific?"
    Nov 18, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    I think it's just anything holy. Crosses are supposed to work after all. I once read a book where it looked like a beloved character was about to die to vampires (had even done the about to get married thing and showed pictures of his significant other) but he was fine because in his religion HE was the object of faith. They couldn't touch him.
    Nov 18, 2017
    Llareian likes this.
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    It was a fun take on the concept and made for a great moment of win. I prefer versions where it's more about the faith of the wielder than the symbol.
    Nov 18, 2017
  5. Llareian
    Llareian
    The problem is not all Baptist denominations view the sacramental bread and wine (or juice) as holy.
    Nov 18, 2017
  6. Llareian
    Llareian
    If it was a denomination that believed in transubstantiation, then I'd think it would almost be MORE effective than holy water.
    Nov 18, 2017
  7. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I think vampires are weak to holy energy, regardless of the item. But the rules are flexible. Sometimes a cross has no effect because the wielder has no faith.
    I don't know what the Baptist sacramental wine is. If it's something used in church without being made holy through a ritual first, I guess it wouldn't work. It'd be regular wine. But like I said vampire rules aren't that set.
    Nov 19, 2017
    Llareian likes this.